The hunt is on.

Mystery_man

I know you probably get this a lot.

Ok I have been searching for a new car to build and I am set on a GN. I have been building 4 cyl cars for about 6 years. I started with Hondas and then stepped it up to a Dodge Neon SRT-4.

I have had my fun with them and want something with more power. I would like to know what year to go with. I would like to end up atleast in the 12s. Not asking how to get there, just what year is a good start. I will do my searching for parts and what not.

Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply. Some quick questions for you on that. Why are the 86 and 87 better? Just because of the intercooler?

86-87

i know you probably get this a lot.

Ok i have been searching for a new car to build and i am set on a gn. I have been building 4 cyl cars for about 6 years. I started with hondas and then stepped it up to a dodge neon srt-4.

I have had my fun with them and want something with more power. I would like to know what year to go with. I would like to end up atleast in the 12s. Not asking how to get there, just what year is a good start. I will do my searching for parts and what not.

Thanks

86-87 anything with a 3.8 turbo 1320s-1350s stock depending on sea level .. Mine all stock with a rjc boost controler & drag radials,36# injectors went 12.96

I live at about 5500 feet above sea level. lol So don't see that happening that quick, but then again who knows. Never drove one or seen one around here raced.

Yes i/c

i live at about 5500 feet above sea level. Lol so don't see that happening that quick, but then again who knows. Never drove one or seen one around here raced.
unless you really want to show your talent and make an hot air car run that fast .. Not easy. Not fun. But very rewarding when people see its an hot air car running that fast ..

Hot air car? Not familar with that. Are you talking about a none intercooled car? That is my guess. If so I would rather do air to air or air to water. It gets hot around here. I also don't know how well these engines hold up to nitrous stock. That or meth, but I like nitrous better.

Ok thanks for the help and for the welcome. I am glad to see no flames. I think that the other cars/forums that I was on was just a bunch of kids.

I will update when I find one of my liking. I would like to get an 86 because that is my birth year. I will see what I can find. Not much around Colorado Springs area right now. There was one in Aurora, but it was built. I want to start as close to stock as I can. I would like it to all be of my hands and sweat not someone elses.

Most guys

Run 93 & spray alky to cool as a safety net .. Me im crazy running 100 octane & always have .. Some guys use nitro to spool bigger turbos but over the years that has droped because of alky& stalls .. The combos & parts are only limited by your own talent . If you can make it fit & work .. Do it .

That is the crappy part around here. We only have 91, E85, or race gases. I have never used meth, but I could make it fit. I will do my research on nitrous, but will look into meth also.

Thanks

E 85

Is the way to go .. There are some guys here running in the low nines, high eights . On e85 .. Thats what im going to next .. Cost being the reason .c12 getting a bit pricey.. But some mods will have to be done to run e 85 ..

Check out

The cars for sale section here .. Lots of nice cars for sale right now .. Some cheap that need work .some not that are bad azz .. Just depends on how much you want to spend ..

Welcome to the dark side Mystery Man! I think you will find this community very welcoming and willing to help a fellow Buick member on pretty much anything...and these guys really know their stuff!

Thank you Dash. I am already seeing how nice and helpfull people are on this forum. It is making me glad that I have picked this car to build.

There are so many parts for these cars. I don't want to buy something and waste my money. So much to go through. lol I think I am set on a 87 limited that is for sale on this board. I just have to figure out where to go with the car when I get it.