The Fun factor

Gn-ing

On a scale of 1-10, how fun is it to drive your GN?.. I have several muscle type cars, and i'd say the Buick comes in behind my mustangs. The GN is first in a straight line, but it doesn't make make the sounds or have the manual trans that Mustangs have. I know it's a totally different kind of car, but 1-10,
i'd say the fun to drive number is a 6-7...comments?

Fun factor? Honestly, I think driving my GN is about the most fun I've ever had with my pants on. :D

fun.............

the buick is so cool, looks like a old mans car ( good thing as I AM!)
quick as anything ,almost.
as much fun as the corvette, not a chick magnet like the vette, , but sure
puts a smile on my face!

my 2 cents

(sold) '88 5.0 w/ 5spd...8/10 cruising and racing
'87 T-Type...'bout a solid 9 cruising and off the charts racing...10+

I just prefer the slow old man looking car that will whip the snot outta the rice here in Hawaii. :D
People expect a mustang to sound good and to do well, but when a mid 80's grandpa car rolls up next to you and hands you your butt, it enlightens the younger generation.

I give it an 8. It has a lot of cool factor with people that know cars but is invisable to those that don't. To me it's an ego boosting ride - I KNOW that I can outrun almost anything on the street.
It doesn't get much better that crusing around with the T-tops off on a sunny 80* day.

I like to drive my Buick but I'm afraid everytime its out of the garage. Afraid its going to get hit, scratched, or god forbid...stolen. I just cannot park it anywhere I cant see it at all times.

My Mustangs are tons of fun to drive. Fast, but not fast enough to get me in too much trouble. It handles good and I really like driving a 5 speed.

10+!!

My 1995 Impala SS makes all the 'cool' V-8 sounds, and it's a great car....but, it just doesn't compare to the GN.

Honestly my thirdgen F body with a t5, 3.89s and about 330 hp was more fun to drive than my 11 sec. buick

The turbo lag, the lack of manual tranny, the sound all really make the buick not much fun which is why I want to build a 4.1 to get some more snap out of the thing.

I liked in the bird I could leave it in a low gear cruising and mess around with people just flicking the throttle and having the front end jump up and the exhaust bark. In the buick I could floor it and let off and passengers probably wouldnt be able to tell if I did it fast enough.

Another thing that makes the buick not so much fun is that I too am constantly afraid of someone stealing it. No one wants to steal a turdgen but the buick gets too much attention. Just thinking about it parked somewhere where I cant see it raises my heart rate.

Hammer231 said:
Fun factor? Honestly, I think driving my GN is about the most fun I've ever had with my pants on. :D
-----------------------------------
I must be older than everybody else here, because I enjoy driving the turbo Buick more than anything that I can do with my pants on or off.
What it lacks in "Fun", it more than makes up for in Kool. I don't think that anything on todays market defines Kool the way that a turbo Buick does. My Z06 is fun, but it lacks the "kool" of my Turbo-T. Not even close to a comparasion.