the FBI GNX..

novaderrik

saw a 1700 mile GNX being appraised on some silly show on tv last night... the owner said that one of the things that made the GNX special was that 547 were built, with the first 50 going to the FBI..

it's on tv, so it has to be true, right?

You learn something new every day....:wacky:o_O and it is not all good!!!!

Hmmm, I saw the same show and started a thread over in the GNX part. If it needs to be removed, please do and forgive my ignorance. Guy said it was 526.

What a bunch of crap. Do you really think a dealer is going to sell his precious (remember only a few dealers got a GNX allocation and they only received one) allocation for under cost?!!! No friggin way. Dealers made big bucks off of the GNX- usually an extra 10 to 20,000 over the list price. Law enforcement gets deals on car and they get fleet wholesale prices. I'm in CT and the state police used Buick T-type's. There were no grand nationals and no way would the FBI get GNX's. A total fabricated lie to say the least.

I do recall some magazine article from back in the day saying that the FBI was getting some GNXs. Not saying it actually happened but I remember the article.

What a bunch of crap. Do you really think a dealer is going to sell his precious (remember only a few dealers got a GNX allocation and they only received one) allocation for under cost?!!! No friggin way. Dealers made big bucks off of the GNX- usually an extra 10 to 20,000 over the list price. Law enforcement gets deals on car and they get fleet wholesale prices. I'm in CT and the state police used Buick T-type's. There were no grand nationals and no way would the FBI get GNX's. A total fabricated lie to say the least.

but it was on a low budget tv show about people that take cars to auctions on a cable channel that almost no one knows about, so it has to be true..

I had a few of them for parts cars. FBI drove the hell out of them !! Have pics around here somewhere.

Most GNX's sold for near sticker price. Not all but most.

A few actually sold under sticker price.

FBI bought approximately 18 T Types in 1986. That's it.

Pete