The Fast and the Furious 4??? GN??

PsYcHo GN

Member Extraordinaire
There were rumors on this board stating that The Fast and the Furious 4 would have a GN in it. Well, I did a google search and it looks like it may be true. They're calling it a rumor at this point, but they listed the actors and some of the vehicles... BUICK GNX! :eek: :eek: :biggrin: :D :biggrin: :D

Filmstalker: Fast and Furious 4 in development?

I sure hope NOT!!!!!!! Seems like they always crash the sweet muscle cars in their films. I would hate to see one of the 547 go out like that in a ricer movie. Daniel Ray

I sure hope NOT!!!!!!! Seems like they always crash the sweet muscle cars in their films. I would hate to see one of the 547 go out like that in a ricer movie. Daniel Ray

They will build a bunch of clone GNX cars for the movie. They will repair the wrecked ones while they continue filming with the spare cars. Once the movie is through filming, they usually auction the vehicles off. That's what they did with the '69 Yenko Camaro clones.

I just hope they don't portray the GNX as being a slow car compared to the imports. The movie can make or break the car. They can make the car and increase it's value, or they can break the car making it a joke of a car and decrease it's popularity.

thank god... this will TRUELY help me with the sale of my GN for the price i really want :)

trust me, they will not crash a real one.. it will be a fake..

but the bad thing is now every one of those idiots will know what our cars are capable of.....and think a stock v6 regal will be the same car.....

but the bad thing is now every one of those idiots will know what our cars are capable of.....and think a stock v6 regal will be the same car.....

trust me, they will never know the full capablity of our cars :).. i still have Honda's with NOS wanting to race me because off the first movie...

Now you know the GNX will be made out to be slow compared to the rice burners, its a rice burner movie to connect to the young kids out there buying them. They have no idea what a turbo buick really is until you give one a ride and they wet their pants lol. I took a friend of mine for a ride in mine the other week that has a mean 79 z28. Built motor, lumpy cam, etc, afterword he just looked am me and said, I WANT ONE OF THESE!!! I made him a believer in a fast way lol. He is already looking for one now and comparing prices hahahaha. Daniel Ray

Yeah most import guys never really understand these cars, even if you tell them straight up what they can do. They don't get it until they either go for a ride or get destroyed in a race like mentioned above. I will say at least the one saving grace of the first two FnF movies was that the muscle cars were at least noted to be fast. In the first one they Charger does the huge (albeit fake) wheelstand and runs with the built up Supra, and in the second one they're both crapping they're pants when they actually have to run the Camaro and Challenger. The Mustang in the third one didn't really get it's own merit because they put a Skyline motor in it and you never saw the 'Stang run on it's own Ford power, although in filming, all the drift scenes with the Mustang had 351's in em I believe, not the Skyline motor, haha. I'd like to think the Turbo Buick will be fairly represented in the movie, but I'm sure they'll do something dumb too, it is Fast and the Furious!:rolleyes:

car movies.....

somebody was talking about a remake of two lane blacktop. with a newer gto against a bawlsout gnx.....i drove a newer gto 6 spd. had flashbacks of #3 at bristol!:cool: