The curse lives :( Sox choke

Well i guess we dont have to worrry about the world ending the sox and cubs neither one choked in the world series. I need another beer.

No curse, just piss poor managing. I almost never blame a manager for a loss since a manager can't hit or throw for his team. However, I really don't understand what Grady Little was thinking. Pedro was obviously spent. He was up in the strikezone for the last two innings he pitched. His curve was not very effective, his fastball had flattened out and wasn't moving, basically he was done. Grady Little stayed with Pedro too long. I called it before it happened, and it happened. I must say, it was one hell of a game and a great series!

They kept giving me hope, when there was no hope. He should have gone out when he came up the first time, but no he was trying to prove something. Good Job:mad:

Don Zimmer put the curse on Pedro:p It was a good series with the best team winning. Now it's time to make chum out of the Florida Codfish ;)

Awesome series with an unlikely hero.

Yes, Boston out-played the Yanks this year and had only 5 outs to go, but it wasn't meant to happen. Curse or not, it was just poor managing on Grady's part.

Let's go Yankees!

It was always my thinking that managers didn't have much to do with a team's success. Boy was I wrong.

Skills:
Yankees / Red Sox = just about even
Little / Torre = not even close
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p

you could say poor managing if they take pedro out and the relief gets lit up. I think grady did the right thing. you live and die with your ace and best player. If your ace says "leave me in" in that situation, you leave him in. Pedro was probably so jacked up on adrenaline that he wasn't spent at all. You go out there, tell your ace he's the man and this is what he's been working for since he was a little boy in the yard. Pedro did get hit hard but a missed played ball by nixon and a dinker by posada was the difference.

I can't wait to see how much the groundkeeper gets out the thugs that kicked him with their cleats for cheering the Red Sox. Hope it's a million.

Ditto that on the grounds keeper.

They should have given him a Sicilian necktie. Then the cleat marks would hardley be noticed...and no lawsuit...

Oh well...next time the Dead Sox are in the playoffs, he will be dead of old age.

See ya in 100 years...

Go YANKEES !!

Crap Ben, we agree again. I told my brother when he didn't pull Pedro when they went out the first time that was the end of the Red Sox. Pure and simple management problem. You gotta go with your instincts

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Crap Ben, we agree again. I told my brother when he didn't pull Pedro when they went out the first time that was the end of the Red Sox. Pure and simple management problem. You gotta go with your instincts

LOL, we agree again. Wow, if this keeps happening people may begin to talk Mark!! lol..... :D

I was surprised that Pedro even started the 8th inning since I figured Little would give him the hook. Actually I had no problem with him starting the 8th since Pedro was the horse that got them there, but I told my buddy that was watching the game with me that if he allowed even one guy to reach base I would yank him. After Jeter hit the double (on an 0 and 2 pitch no less) I would have pulled Pedro. At that time if they would have pulled Pedro the Sox would have had a 3 run lead with 1 out and a Yankee runner on second. No big deal. But for Grady Little to sit there and watch Pedro get yacked for 4 consecutive hits was unreal. He had a good arm in the pen in Mike Timlin. He should have used him. If I was a Sox fan I'd want Grady Little strung up by his thumbs.

There's a lynchin' going down!!!!!! Yeah, I still have a sore neck from shaking my head at that move. I'm sure many others thought the same thing. Just like a carreer, turn it out before ya make a goat of yourself. Last time I saw the type of meat Pedro was serving up that inning was at a Ruth Criss steak house. The key was in the 7th when he let bases get crowded also, but we are just armchairs though. Ya gotta love it. My only regret is, those damn Yankee's are there again. GO MARLIN'S