The Clinton Era

TurboJunky

Fire the Federal Gov't
After much arguing and deliberation, historians this week have come up with a phrase to describe the Clinton Era.
It will be called:
SEX BETWEEN THE BUSHES.

The Center for Disease Control in Atlanta announced that Clinton has proven that you can get sex from Aides.

Gennifer Flowers was asked if her relationship with Clinton was anything like Monica Lewinski's. She replied, "Close, but no cigar."

The FBI has coined a technical term for the stains found on Monica's dress: "Presidue."

Clinton now recruits interns from
only four colleges: Moorhead, Oral Roberts, Ball State and Brigham Young.

Did you know that Clinton had asked to change the Democratic emblem from a donkey to a condom? It represents inflation, halts production, and gives you a false sense of security.

Arkansas is very proud of Bill Clinton. All these women coming forward ,and not one is his sister!

Finally, Hillary Clinton recently went to a fortuneteller who intoned:

"Prepare to become widow. Your husband will soon suffer a violent death!" Hillary took a deep breath and asked, "Will I be acquitted?"

The GWB legacy

January
The CIA and FBI begin to piece together the importance of the individuals who met a year earlier in Malaysia. Despite the information they have, neither al-Hazmi nor al-Mihdhar are placed on the State Department and Customs watch list.

April
Al-Hazmi is stopped for speeding in Oklahoma. He is let go because his name does not appear in the police officer’s data bank as a wanted man.

May
The CIA will later determine that Khalid Shaykh Mohammed, architect of 9/11 and al Qaeda’s other attacks, was entering the US as late as this month, despite the fact he is a well-known figure in the terrorist netherworld, his name first becoming known to the CIA as early as 1995.

June
CIA and FBI meet to talk about al-Mihdhar. But the CIA does not hand over critical information to the FBI. Again, the men are not placed on any watch list and a search for them is not initiated.

July
A Phoenix, Az.-based FBI counter-terrorism agent writes a lengthy memo in which he says it has been noticed that a high number of Arabs, possibly with connections to al Qaeda, are taking flying lessons in local flight schools. His memo is ignored by FBI headquarters.

August
President Bush receives a detailed and lengthy presidential daily briefing from the CIA in which Osama Bin Laden and al Qaeda’s aim of launching an attack against the US is discussed. To this day, the Bush White House refuses to release the contents of this briefing to Congressional inquiries into 9/11.

The CIA finally puts al-Hazmi and al-Mihdhar’s name on the watch lists. By then it is too late. The FBI and CIA do a limited search for the men.

Sept. 11/2001
The attack occurs. The morning of the attack George Bush Sr. is meets with members of the Carlyle Group in Washington. Bin Laden's own brother is at the meeting. Members of the Bin Laden family are allowed to leave the U.S. without questioning two days later.

Nice.

:confused:

BT

Ps, no one challenges these statements. All true.

Re: The GWB legacy

Originally posted by Foolis
January
The CIA and FBI begin to piece together the importance of the individuals who met a year earlier in Malaysia. Despite the information they have, neither al-Hazmi nor al-Mihdhar are placed on the State Department and Customs watch list.

April
Al-Hazmi is stopped for speeding in Oklahoma. He is let go because his name does not appear in the police officer’s data bank as a wanted man.

May
The CIA will later determine that Khalid Shaykh Mohammed, architect of 9/11 and al Qaeda’s other attacks, was entering the US as late as this month, despite the fact he is a well-known figure in the terrorist netherworld, his name first becoming known to the CIA as early as 1995.

June
CIA and FBI meet to talk about al-Mihdhar. But the CIA does not hand over critical information to the FBI. Again, the men are not placed on any watch list and a search for them is not initiated.

July
A Phoenix, Az.-based FBI counter-terrorism agent writes a lengthy memo in which he says it has been noticed that a high number of Arabs, possibly with connections to al Qaeda, are taking flying lessons in local flight schools. His memo is ignored by FBI headquarters.

August
President Bush receives a detailed and lengthy presidential daily briefing from the CIA in which Osama Bin Laden and al Qaeda’s aim of launching an attack against the US is discussed. To this day, the Bush White House refuses to release the contents of this briefing to Congressional inquiries into 9/11.

The CIA finally puts al-Hazmi and al-Mihdhar’s name on the watch lists. By then it is too late. The FBI and CIA do a limited search for the men.

Sept. 11/2001
The attack occurs. The morning of the attack George Bush Sr. is meets with members of the Carlyle Group in Washington. Bin Laden's own brother is at the meeting. Members of the Bin Laden family are allowed to leave the U.S. without questioning two days later.

Nice.

BT

God forbid if anyone should poke fun(pun intended)of ol' Bubba. When you do that it really upsets the libs who hate GWB no matter what he does:rolleyes: Everybody pointing fingers and nobody doing a damn bit better:mad:

BT

I don't challenge any of those, either. You can't blame the FBI and CIA not talking to each other on Bush (unless you are one of those that blames everything that has happened in the last three years on Bush).

Janet Reno's idea of "bringing terrorist to justice" was arresting them. This was the mindset pre 9/11. The terrorists knew this and exploited it. George Bush changed that and all we hear is how bad the "Patriot Act" is. The majority of the 9/11 terrorists came into the US under Clinton, lived and worked in the Arab communities of the US and even if they were arrested, they would not have been able to be held to find who they are or what they are doing here without a Liberal screaming their rights were being violated.

I thought Bush should have fired Clinton's CIA director after 9/11. My biggest problem with Bush is he tries very hard to get along with Democrats. Even the ones that stab him in the back, time and time again.

Add to your timeline for June that Patty Murray and Ted Kennedy wanted a $40 Million in additional aid to the Taliban (protection money, I guess).

January

April

May

June

July

August

Sept. 11/2001

Nice.

BT

I see your motive with these posts is to infer GWB had all the warning signs that 9/11 was going to take place yet did noting. Your inferences and piecemeal information is so grossly misleading it's not funny. As already stated so far in the 9/11 commission BOTH administrations could have done more about terrorism HOWEVER you're selectively choosing a few of THOUSANDS of bits of different information our policy makers get daily. Your liberal talking points would make a billy-goat puke.

Look at the big picutre. Bush was in the WH for how many days prior to attack? He barely had his furniture moved in, Clinton had 8 years. I posted a light-hearted comedic thread and apparently it hit a nerve.

I could bury each point you outline here but have to go to bed. Perhaps I'll embarass you in the morning.

January

April

May

June

July

August

Sept. 11/2001

Nice.

BT

I see your motive with these posts is to infer GWB had all the warning signs that 9/11 was going to take place yet did noting. Your inferences and piecemeal information is so grossly misleading it's not funny. As already stated so far in the 9/11 commission BOTH administrations could have done more about terrorism HOWEVER you're selectively choosing a few of THOUSANDS of bits of different information our policy makers get daily. Your liberal talking points would make a billy-goat puke.

Look at the big picutre. Bush was in the WH for how many days prior to attack? He barely had his furniture moved in, Clinton had 8 years. I posted a light-hearted comedic thread and apparently it hit a nerve.

I could bury each point you outline here but have to go to bed. Perhaps I'll embarass you in the morning.

I see your motive with these posts is to infer GWB had all the warning signs that 9/11 was going to take place yet did noting. Your inferences and piecemeal information is so grossly misleading it's not funny

They are not mine. They are from a news show a' la' 60 minutes, only Canadian. You guys should get some of your info from different sources than US. Try the BBC, or for that matter, the CBC.

BT:rolleyes:

Hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20. Its easy to look back and criticize. Bush is far from perfect, but I am so glad this didn't happen with Gore in office. What a train-wreck that would have been.

Instead of removing our freedoms, we should be watching the borders better - starting with Canada.... ;D

In some ways, with this big-government, big spending stuff, Bush is the best Democratic president we have ever had....

I don't get the whole pompous Canadian thing. You really think you get some kind of truth up there? Its just as slanted and biased as everything down here.

Canada excells at being the best country north of the United States. Its like if in America the Democrats came to power, and the Republicans went out of business. Big Government and Big taxes. Its a Democrat dream paradise. Add to that you guys watch American TV, drive American cars, American culture is everywhere. You know what I know and learned about Canada as a white, suburban, American boy growing up in middle class America????

The fishing is great in Canada, and I like Molson Golden. That's it. (Ill be up there in May. :D )

Thanks Canada....

!!

hah! You guys are both right! The weak Canadian dollar is good for both the US and Canada! Unfortunatly it is quickly gaining strength, as the US economy tanks.

I admit hindsight is 20/20, but I felt the timeline I quoted was a little disturbing. And now, Conni Rice is refusing to testify in a public hearing and the subject..... Got something to hide?

Who knows.

And yes, we should basically lock down North America, deport any remaining illegals, and have a ten year moratorium on immigration.

As far as Canada goes, we have our problems, but just drive through the tunnel from Winsor to Detroit. Nice city you have there.
We won't even get into the crime issue.

BT;)

Re: !!

hah! You guys are both right! The weak Canadian dollar is good for both the US and Canada! Unfortunatly it is quickly gaining strength, as the US economy tanks.

BT;)

The weak US dollar isn't the US economy "tanking". The plan is to keep the dollar low so Europe can keep their stuff and and their 12% unemployment will become 15% and 20% unemployment (sucks to be them).

European car manufacturers haven't raised their prices (yet) because they are hedged against euro-dollar fluctuations (at least for a couple years). Other industries aren't so lucky and the US is eating their lunch. I wouldn't want to be a European Aerospace worker this time next year if the dollar-euro stays constant.

As far as Canada goes, we have our problems, but just drive through the tunnel from Winsor to Detroit. Nice city you have there.

BT;)

Perfect example of what happens when Democrats run a city.

They are not mine. They are from a news show a' la' 60 minutes, only Canadian. You guys should get some of your info from different sources than US. Try the BBC, or for that matter, the CBC.

BT:rolleyes:
I see you missed my point. You're only getting one phrase out a big story.

BT;)
Toronto must be very proud of it's crime rates as well :rolleyes:

American economy "tanks"?? You need to get your news from other sources other than the BBC and CBC. I'd much rather have Canada's economy :p :rolleyes:

I suggest reading editorials from these different news orgs. Gives a "outside" opinion from the L or R US camps. The US economy is indeed recovering, but slowly. Also, the Iraq war will be paid for with your old age pension dollars.

Toronto has a major crime problem, for a Canadian city. I blame 80% of it on immigrants, especially from the West Indies, but alas, our gov. will not release #'s. But our crime problems are a joke compared to major US cities.
Thay being said, I am not here to defend Canada, it has TONS of BS problems and gov. scandals.

As far as the economy up here goes, its bouncing back quite nicely, thanks to yous! Last year @ this time our $ was .64 - .65.

Today, .764083 :p
Those in the know predict .80 by summer.
Thanks GWB!! I need a Florida vacation.:cool:

BT

Ok you Bush haters, here's your opportunity to SPECIFICALLY outline how Kerry will improve our country issue by issue.

Go here and post your reasons.

Wow, yet ANOTHER post started by one of the three stooges, you know, the UN Americans who stand behind Bush no matter HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE, how many of our rights are taken away, how many sick people die, but hey, as long as his religious right wingers are in power, who cares, right??
I better type fast before he makes a constitutional amendment saying no one can talk bad about him.

www.howardstern.com

Foolis,

Sorry, but this may make you look a bit Foolish:

"So who’s right? Has President Bush done a poor job? Fortunately, there’s a way to answer this question without having to pick sides in the partisan fight. The Joint Economic Committee (JEC) of Congress has just published a comprehensive report analyzing economic performance among the world’s major economies (available here). Entitled “International Economic Performance Since the Stock Market Bubble,” the report compares growth rates and job creation in the United States, Japan, the European Union, and Canada.

The report finds that the United States economy has significantly out-performed other developed economies. This does not necessarily mean that President Bush has done a great job, but it unambiguously means that his economic policies have performed better than those of our major foreign competitors. In a global economy, it’s an unbiased — and important — way of measuring who has done the best job."

Quote from Daniel J. Mitchell

If the link for "available here", above, does not work, this is it:

http://www.house.gov/jec/

I know, darn it, that means you have to read something for yourself instead of the usual spoon feeding.

Originally posted by smokin'6
Wow, yet ANOTHER post started by one of the three stooges, you know, the UN Americans who stand behind Bush no matter HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE, how many of our rights are taken away, how many sick people die, but hey, as long as his religious right wingers are in power, who cares, right??
I better type fast before he makes a constitutional amendment saying no one can talk bad about him.

www.howardstern.com

Don't forget "while children go without hot lunches" or "old people go without prescription drugs"... Oh scratch the last one, Bush fixed that... :rolleyes: