The Clinton Era

Smokin'6,

Look at that. You called me names. OOOOh that hurts.

It seems some of the strongest supporters of President Bush are the one wearing the uniforms providing you the ability to sit safe at home and call other people UnAmerican because we don't see it your way.

No matter how many people die? How about no matter how many more people are alive and free?

Rights taken away? The Patriot Act was passed by BOTH parties with a majority vote. Were the Democrats just saying MAYBE? when they voted yes?

You seem to have a very short memory. Like maybe you have forgotten every one of the guys running in the Democratic primaries was against gay marriage. But they supported civil unions.

So it is OK for your guys to be for the Patriot Act and against Gay marriage, but NOT OK only if it is a Republican.

I can look up hypoctrite for you, if its too hard.

OK FOOLISH,

Let us just add to that chain of events you were so nice to provide.

Instead of the Trade Towers it is a plane that goes down. The President makes a major anouncement that he is putting the Vice President in charge of making the airlines safer and they start with $300,000,000 for a budget. The Vice President comes back and says we need:

Strict passenger screening.
Every bag matched to a ticketed passenger and the passenger on board.
New explosive screening machines at airports for all baggage.

But then it comes back the wife of the senior Senator of the party is the lobbyist for the airlines. And that after the plane crash the airlines are afraid of losing additional passengers if the new measures are put in place.

The Vice President aggrees and the costly measures will not be put in place. Within 10 days three airlines make contributions to the Presidents reelection, including two represented by the Senator's wife. Within the next six months the airlines contribute over $450,000 to the party of the President.

The year is 1996. The plane was Flight 800.

So just keep saying it was President Bush's fault. You can not rewrite history.

Originally posted by UNGN
Don't forget "while children go without hot lunches" or "old people go without prescription drugs"... Oh scratch the last one, Bush fixed that... :rolleyes:

He sure did, by making it illegal for people to get drugs from Canada, where they're one third the price. Why, because his big buisness friends making millions off Americans told him to do so.

www.howardstern.com

Hey Smokin'6,

Maybe you need to actually do some reading before you regurgitate what the DNC spoon feeds you.

Where do you get that idea on drugs from Canada?

Senator Dayton (D) Minnesota personally funds buses which take seniors to Canada where they purchase their drugs and surprise, they bring them home. Since nine of the twelve richest members of the United States Senate are Democrats, this is one case where their wealth does work for us.

The State of Minnesota under Governor Pawlenty (R) has put in place a program where the state goes and certifies the pharmacies in Canada and then is streamlining the paperwork so our state citizens can order from home.

Enron and the President

This is an interesting bit of information that you won't hear much about from the media ---

a. Enron's chairman did meet with the president and the vice president in the Oval Office.
b. Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party over three years.
c. It donated $100,000 to the president's inauguration festivities.
d. The Enron chairman stayed at the White House 11 times.
e. The corporation had access to the administration at its highest levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State Departments to grease deals for them.
f. The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank subsidized Enron for more than $600 million in just one transaction.

SURPRISE ............ It was Bill Clinton!

Originally posted by smokin'6
He sure did, by making it illegal for people to get drugs from Canada, where they're one third the price. Why, because his big buisness friends making millions off Americans told him to do so.

www.howardstern.com

On December 8, 2003, President Bush signed the Medicare
Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003 (Medicare
Modernization Act) (Public Law 108-173). Section 1121 of this
legislation gives the Secretary of HHS (the Secretary) the authority to
implement a system in the United States for the importation of Canadian
prescription drugs.

You're right again, smokin' :rolleyes:

"If Gov. Rod Blagojevich, a Democrat, carries through with the recommendation, Illinois would become the first state and the largest U.S. institution to begin systematic purchases of medications outside U.S. borders to take advantage of the sharply lower prices there.

Several other states have also begun looking into such cross-border purchases for their state employees and retirees, and the findings in Illinois could help spur efforts to set up similar programs. The city of Springfield, Mass., has already set up a program to import cheaper drugs from Canada, despite threats by the Bush administration to move against the city's Canadian supplier."

http://todaysseniorsnetwork.com/illinois_report.htm

www.todaysseniornetwork.com

ding ding ding,

time to wake up stooges

Check the dates on your outdated articles. Clinton had 8 years to do something about Prescription drugs for seniors. Did he?

You wouldn't be complaining about it if he had.

I guess by signing the bill Bush was showing he was in the pocket of the drug companies :rolleyes:

As commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, McClellan has been the Bush administration's leading voice in opposition to allowing prescription drugs into this country from Canada, where they are cheaper. McClellan, other government officials and pharmaceutical companies have raised questions about safety.

Safety my Royal Canadian Azz. Its about the pharmaceutical companies losing some of the ridiculous profit they make on the American people.

Jesus, think about it.... you guys can't be that blind, can you?

BT:confused:

Originally posted by Foolis
Safety my Royal Canadian Azz. Its about the pharmaceutical companies losing some of the ridiculous profit they make on the American people.

Jesus, think about it.... you guys can't be that blind, can you?

BT:confused:

The guy in the article WAS at the FDA. The FDA is responsible for importing drugs. When he was at the FDA its wasn't legal per the FDA rules to import drugs from Canada. Usually government people do what the government says, no matter how little "sense" it makes. Now it's legal. See my post above.

I'm sure meat is much cheaper in canada, too (*cough* mad cow *cough*)

I only bring this up, because it's another example of something that was tried to be pinned on Bush (though the cow came from Canada, already infected, during Clinton's term).

What do you want us to wake up too, exactly? That's Democrats are trying to pin everything remotely bad that has happened in the last 4 years on Bush? You don't think the pharmaceutical companies didn't make ridiculous profits off the american people under Clinton?

Blind??

I should change their nickname from the three stooges to the three blind mice!

I LOVE they're STILL blammin Clinton.. its like the reporters say, bout time Bush starts running again Kerry, and NOT Clinton, his ass is gone this November, LOL, cant wait

This thread is about the "Clinton Era".

I like Clinton. Without Clinton we wouldn't have a Republican Congress (and President, too)

Clinton did a great job steering the Democrats to a loser like Kerry for '04, too. If he want's his wife to be president (and he does) he can't have a Democrat win in '04.

If I would have to pick a person that provided the greatest support to the Republican party in the last 15 years, that person would be Bill Clinton.

Please try to dispute this.

we'll someone should tell Bush! cause he's been blamming all his mistakes on Clinton for the last three years!! Hell without Bill, we wouldn't have the first president who didn't even win the election!!!

www.howardstern.com

Hell without Bill, we wouldn't have the first president who didn't even win the election!!!
Hahahha, here we go. He's still sore about losing in 2000, hanging chads, "they stole the election", "he was selected and not elected", blah blah blah. Good God.... :rolleyes:

smokin'6, you really need to brush up on our electoral college system, the role of the US Supreme Court and it's powers and election law.

You wouldn't be in line for some purple cool-aid right now would'ya?

Wow, yet ANOTHER post started by one of the three stooges, you know, the UN Americans who stand behind Bush no matter HOW MANY PEOPLE DIE, how many of our rights are taken away, how many sick people die, but hey, as long as his religious right wingers are in power, who cares, right??
I better type fast before he makes a constitutional amendment saying no one can talk bad about him.

www.howardstern.com

smokin6 you are a true pimp, and i wish i had the energy you do to argue the truth against the lies!

lately ive just been so tired of saying somthing and than having all the loyal bushians pick apart everything i say and than call me names lol

common sense is a minority on this site :D

oh and PS: since stern has gone political, ive been listining to him EVERY morning.

did you hear Al Frank yesterday? that guy is awsome!

Howard Stern's "dump Bush" strategy is fatally flawed. If Stern was smart enough to actually read the articles he posts on his website, he'd know that John Kerry supports the same Bill in Congress that he is railing against.

It's Congress that's the putting the pressure on the FCC, not Bush. If Congress gives Bush a bill, he'll sign it (he signs everything), but then SO WILL KERRY. By giving congress a free pass, they write the Bill and Howard gets a choke chain. Unlike you guys, I've been PAYING ATTENTION for the last 30 years.

Go ahead, don't believe me. You Bush Bashers are oh so smarter than me. :)