The Cad Hennessey V700 against a Stang this A.M.

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
All:
I had a DynoPak appointment with Shawn Church at Church Automotive Testing (CAT) last week sometime as I am still trying to work out a few bugs.
He resolved the starting issue & improved RWHP & RWTQ about 30 0r so each from the baseline that he established on his Dynapak when I went in before he started tuning.

The Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE) baseline on their Dynojet with my '09 V stock excepting for the KPE CAI installed on it were 479.90, 479.93, & 481.08 for an average of 480.30 (SAE) for RWHP & figures of 479.28, 475.74, & 474.54 for an average of 476.52 (SAE) to for RWTQ. That was at about 6250 RPM with an ARF ratio of about 11.6 t0 12.0. About standard for a 30K mile V 2 with an installed CAI.

When I picked up the car HPE gave me a chart reflecting a single run developing about 69oo RPM & #'s of 611.68 RWHP & only 538.91 RWTQ?? (SAE both) & no A/FR chart.

Went to Shawn & he did a base line on his DynaPak & got 601.35 RAHP & 552.27?? RATQ (all SAE). He tuned, got rid of the no start condition & ended up with 632.69 RAHP & 588.11 RATQ., shutting down at about 6250 RPM.

Went to Superior Automotive in Placentia & they got an average of SAE 574.49 RWHP & an average of 525.89 for 3 runs, but they showed me the A/FR increasing to a max of about 13.0 and they said that was running a tad lean. All of Superiors runs were run to a redline of about 6250 RPM & shut down.

I went to Hennesseys Monday & had the oil changed, they fixed a minor leak in the cooling system, which kept the AC from working properly, fixed a missing plastic screw at the rear bumper, and did not charge me for anything. I am very happy with Hennessey V700 package, just wished I had queried a few more items before the build.
And I know that this car is going to be a beast, and probably already is.
Headers installed hopefully next month at CAT. Maybe meth down the road. That will be the max that I am planning on going with this car. By then I will be pretty broke

Hope all's well with you guys & families.

PS:
I talked to Shawn today and he said no way am I at that A/FR, as he showed low 11's on his DynaPak.
Coming back from CAT this morning I ran up against a very sharp looking & running Stang on Alameda at about PCH. I saw him coming up behind me pretty fast and we ended up together at a light. I did not see what model of Stang it was, but it was blown, which I was about to find out. He waited & let me leave the light and I left at a very slow pace to see what he wanted to do. In less than a sec, I was doing about 10 MPH and I heard a blower scream. I hit the pedal but I don't really know if I buried it all the way down as I was afraid of breaking the rear loose.
The next thing I knew the Cad's blower was screaming, he was about a car length behind me, and the 1st to 2nd and / or the 2nd to 3rd was brutal, basically breaking the rear tires loose for about a sec. I was petrified, I had never ran the Cad that quick or hard, and i was too scared to look at the tack or speedo. I looked in the rearview, and he was about 2 -3 car lengths behind me, I tapped the brakes 3 times, and was thankful to still be alive, didn't hear any sirens, didn't see any red lights behind me. I slowed, and as he was getting onto the freeway on-ramp he gave me a thumbs up and a smile. My head was so big when I got home, I just about couldn't get it out the door. I was proud that I had actually won a race that I really had to work for.
When he got on that Stang, I thought I was in trouble. It sounded nasty. I wanna go back to racing grannies in their BMW & Mercedes soccer vans.
I expect to break a tad over 600 RWHP with the Kooks headers running through the stock muffs, a re-tune, & maybe AlkyControl & re-tune down the road.
Life's good for this old man.
Good for the Cad too.

Those blown cads are awesome cars really surprised me last year at the track.
Road course and drag strip they are quick.
I drag raced one if the 11or 12 s friend of a friend supercharged one with CAI tune and I don't know what else.
Only dynod 590 at the wheel though ...lol only !!!
He killed me on the line but I reeled him back in for a 1/2 car win at the 1/4 mile stripe in my old NA Pontiac TA.
I was surprise because I don't figure it makes 570 at the flywheel even.

Bone stock auto (A6) & manual (M6) they're 556 crank HP & 553 crank TQ:

bone stock RWHP & RWTQ (A6 only) (dynojet only) 40 samples:
RWHP Average (40 samples): 18164/40= 454.10 average
RWTQ Average (40 samples): 17976/40= 449.40 average

bone stock RWHP & RWTQ (M6 only) (Dynojet only) 16 samples:
RWHP Average (16 samples): 7808/16= 488.00 average
RWTQ Average (16 samples): 7639/16= 477.44 average

That car sounds like a monster!!! Why is it that all your cars are so sweet?:eek:
Any pics? I haven't seen the Caddy before.

What tires are you running? My cts-v is making a little more hp, but can't be floored in any gear lower than 4th without lighting up the stock tires.

Also be very careful with the transmission downshifting or you'll be working on it.

Street-t on this forum is a great source of information on these cars and had helped me a lot. He has set several records with his V

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

What tires are you running? My cts-v is making a little more hp, but can't be floored in any gear lower than 4th without lighting up the stock tires.
Also be very careful with the transmission downshifting or you'll be working on it.
Street-t on this forum is a great source of information on these cars and had helped me a lot. He has set several records with his V
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You're a brave man, Cal. I have yet to develop the stones to put the spurs to it since the V700 package.
I'm such a weenie driver, I've never downshifted it. Not even once. I've never even used the paddles.
Even when that Stang tried to get the goods on me, he was about 3/4 of a car length behind me and I
didn't even know that we were racing until I heard his blower scream & howl, and I decided that it
literally now or never. I will check out threads & postings by user name "Street-t". @ other very good
sources on these cars is Cadillac Owners & CTSV Owners. Many thanks for the info, Cal.
LSITECH has some info on these also, but generally on the V1 spec cars.

Last edited: