The biggest turbo for hotair

Matto

Hey guys I want to get this car flying, I want to get the best turbo I can for this car, I know that I will have to change the injectors and stall etc., but in your opinions what is the best setup to get around 450 horse or the most reliable hp. I was thinking a TA 51 from turbo repair 825 cfm #36 injectors and 340 fuel pump. Any thoughts would be great

85 t type
2.5 dp
2 1/4 crossover
atr adj reg
adj wastegate
cold air kit
8.8 mm core wires
boost gauge
fuel air gauge
5in tach/ shift light

I got turbonetics to build me a 60 trim out of a stock housing.Its suppossed to support 500hp.They will cnc machine your factory pump housing and install a TO4E/46 comp. wheel and the turbine gets a stage 2 wheel.I havent yet got the motor together, but when I do I will post results.

P.S ask for dave at turbonetics, he can give you more details.
805-581-0333

Oh, if it dont run its redst-types fault. Hes the mechanic.:eek:

If you dont have ported heads then the 49 or 44 are fine for what you need, they will take you in the low to mid 11's before you max it out. Plus the spool up on the 49 and 44 are great.

HOTCRAB you must know RED, if he is the one that is putting you motor together then iam sure you are ok.:D

Originally posted by HOTCRAB

Oh, if it dont run its redst-types fault. Hes the mechanic.:eek:

ha ha ha ha ha ...I done told him I dont work on slow cars ...:D

I think it'll run good if he gets out the computer chair and does something..:p

hot crab you on your way over yet to go pick your heads up??

RED did you get any pictures of how you got them 12.50 tires to fit, what did you do to the frame.

if hotcrab would come over with the camera he just got then I could get pics ;)

we done stole this guys thread ...oops

might want to do your sig so its not so tall by putting things beside each other..there is people biatchin about sigs again ..:rolleyes:

if you put this [/size]

at the end of sig and this

at the begining it will make the text smaller like mine is now

I am getting a new BB Turbo with GT technology in the spring from PT&E. :D I just wanted to say that again because I can hardley wait. I'm so excited.:D Oh, I'm also using 009 injectors and a 2800-3000 stall.

The turbo Lee mentioned is top rate and if you want to go this would be the route to take.

So what is the skinny on this new turbo, I've been hearing about it, even went to garret's site, but no info there. Is it that great?