The biggest (not literally) Christmas gift you gave this year.

texasmr2

I am a simple man so material gifts hold little value but I had the urge/need to get out yesterday and socialize and visit a few friends. As we all encounter on a daily basis there is a homeless person holding a sign asking for something as simple as the change in your pocket. I saw this elderly gentleman holding a sign that said he is a homeless Vietnam Vet (a huge issue still left unaddressed) but the light changed just as I exited my vehicle so I circled back around and the light held true that time. I am not a rich person and I am unemployed but I remembered the $20 bill I had received for Christmas in my pocket. I turned on my hazard lights, introduced myself and gave him the only money I had followed by a quick handshake, hug and heartfelt "God bless you."

What happened next was the true spirit of caring! I witnessed all the other vehicles around me share the love and give money, support or a kind word, that is what life is about in my opinion.

Peace and Love friends.

I donated to the Austin Street shelter here in Dallas. I do not give $$ to the folks on the corners. I have seen it first hand to many times they just want money for drugs or booze.

I bought my wife a "pie safe", primitive cabinet. It was a retro piece made from an old barn. Funny little story, I bought this piece in Dublin, VA. Her momma bought her a wooden box from Salem, Va that's 100 miles away. They were made by the same person and was a matching set. The wood, paint, handles, and hardware were all the same. I thought it was pretty cool coincidence lol.