The best stainless dual exhaust system ?

fastjack1

Who sells the best stainless dual exhaust system from the the cat back for my GN. I still have the stock factory system on the car and it is all rotted out. I would like a nice tone to the sound, but not to loud. Thanks.:confused:

I have the RJC 3" exhaust system and I love it. It's not annoying inside the car but still has a nice tone like a small block V8. People always ask me if I have an 8 in it. The system is not a dual but a single to dual crossflow system like the old ATR systems. Very efficient with the flow. Plus I love the way the tips sit behind the wheels. Looks bad a#$.

I have the RJC 3" exhaust system and I love it. It's not annoying inside the car but still has a nice tone like a small block V8. People always ask me if I have an 8 in it. The system is not a dual but a single to dual crossflow system like the old ATR systems. Very efficient with the flow. Plus I love the way the tips sit behind the wheels. Looks bad a#$.

Does it drone and is it quiet (compared to a dual ATR 3) on the highway?

Man, I couldn't have said it better. Same here...RJC 3" 304 stainless. It does look bad a** and the way the tips sit behind the wheels. (They are fully polished the full length) The system is really put together so professional and with precision. Since my engine is somewhat apart a little now, I haven't heard it yet, but will take your word for it. Expensive, but you get what you pay for, in this case I got it in gold! It's a beautiful well thought out professionally put together system. Jason told me that it'll outlast ME!:eek:

As far as Mark's system, I wasn't aware of it at the time I was corresponding with RJC, but from what he shows, plus his expertise, honesty and caring of his product and customers, I can't see where anyone could go wrong ordering Mark's exhaust system. He, too, really knows his design and puts a lot of engineering into his system. So, either way, really. Mark's or RJC. It's a tough choice to make. Especially when both are so damn professionally built with the parameters chosen to accomplish the end result.

Bruce '87 Grand National

i agree the ATR is the best but no longer made so marks IMOP is the next best thing

The one that I sell works nicely, lots of pictures on my site showing the install on my own GN. I did have to do a little trimming on my setup since my car sits so low and have a Ford 9" rear so was tight to the axle tubes but stock height cars shouldn't have any issues. Tell you the truth I thought it was going to be a lot louder than the Hooker system I took off but it isn't. I also added a couple hangers on the tailpipes as well and use band clamps on the all the connections, I offer those as an option. Any exhaust system out there more than likely will need a little tweaking for a perfect install.

I installed it in my garage with the car on jackstands and ramps but if you have access to a lift it would be a lot easier!:smile:

hello people; I got the RJC crossflow and so far so good but if people like the old ATR's so much why does'nt someone just copy it? I guess the RJC is close but is there a patent on the ATR systems? And what's the big deal with it?
IBBY

hello people; I got the RJC crossflow and so far so good but if people like the old ATR's so much why does'nt someone just copy it? I guess the RJC is close but is there a patent on the ATR systems? And what's the big deal with it?
IBBY

The price to have a U.S. company make it, then add on a bit to turn a profit, plus shipping. That would end up with a product priced too high for want most members are looking to spend. Then you have some that will buy the China version at a 30% of the price asked for the American made version. How many people need a new exhaust at the moment anyway. I think most systems last 6-7 years before anyone considers changing, and even then most just change mufflers. The market is flooded with muffler options already.

I have the Pypes system now and am happy with it. When I want to go balls out I open the dump and don't think about it anymore. It's rare for me to open my dump.