the best rear brake conversation

jason walker

WHAT IS THE BEST ALL GM FACTORY DISC BRAKE CONVERSION WHAT I NEED IS ADVICE ON WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN I GO TO SALVAGE YARD PULL OFF CAR INSTALL WHITH MINIMAL EFFORT AND GO TO LOCAL PARTS STORE AND HAS ALL GM PART NUMBERS FOR REPLACEMENT

4th gen f body will be the least expensive and most complete. If you';re not good at fab and mod work you'll need someone to help you.

4th gen f body will be the least expensive and most complete. If you';re not good at fab and mod work you'll need someone to help you.
thanks bro I think I am going with the kit from right stuff AFXRD78 comes with everything I need I think

thanks bro I think I am going with the kit from right stuff AFXRD78 comes with everything I need I think

I was thinking about getting the same Kit from summit. Did you get the AFXRD78 kit? and if so how did it work out?
I would like to keep my stock t type wheels. If I go with Fbody disc conv would need 16in on up wheels???

Before I did the original conversion on my axle I tried a set of vectors on. The brakes were still on the F body axle so I was able to check the clearance and there were no issue that I could see.

I bought the right stuff kit RSD-AFXRD78 it work just great the modification needed was to the remake brake lines along rear. I had some broken bolts when removing axles and old brake set up(PIA).

Attachments

• disc brake buick 001.JPG
    disc brake buick 001.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 227
  • disc brake buick 004.JPG
    disc brake buick 004.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 234
  • disc brake buick 007.JPG
    disc brake buick 007.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 209
  • disc brake buick 008.JPG
    disc brake buick 008.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 221
  • disc brake buick 009.JPG
    disc brake buick 009.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 219
  • disc brake buick 010.JPG
    disc brake buick 010.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 219
  • disc brake buick 005.JPG
    disc brake buick 005.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 210
  • disc brake buick 012.JPG
    disc brake buick 012.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 216
  • disc brake buick 015.JPG
    disc brake buick 015.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 217
  • disc brake buick 016.JPG
    disc brake buick 016.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 213
Nice kit. Is that a zinc coating on the adapter plate and caliper bracket? Does it have a working emergency brake?

What size wheel are you able to fit. Does the 15 have enough clearance or did you have to go to 16
I am still using the the stock t type 15in wheel, with 275/60/15 Mickey T drags no rubbing and non rolled quaters.

It does come with ebake cables but they will need some modification to work, sorry I forgot to mention that it original post