The "BEAST" - My Pride and Joy

flipmo

"Come Correct - Boosted"
Fresh Rebuild and Ready :)

Attachments

• 100_0377.jpg
    100_0377.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 320
Is it even legal to run? I thought it had to have the cross bar for a 10.99 or faster car.. Nice car by the way!

The "BEAST"

got rice? said:
sweet.whats it run?

Hi Rice. I haven't had the opportunity to drag her yet; however, I've had several builds similar to the one I have now and I'm pretty much estimating it should easily run mid-high 10s on the "Good Juice" with decent boost; however, the builder states low 10s with decent boost (I'm Optimistic :)). Another GN I owned that only had a T70 and 72lbs injectors being ran by the F.A.S.T was able to consistently run 10.80s and dynoed 505 rwhp / 488 rwtq. This one recently dynoed 563 rwhp / 508 rwtq at the same boost levels. So I'm thinking it should definitely be in that mid-10 area even without leaving on the brake.

Thanks for the compliment!

The "BEAST"

BoostedBug said:
Is it even legal to run? I thought it had to have the cross bar for a 10.99 or faster car.. Nice car by the way!

Well, I'm quite sure the Chrome-Moly cage setup is legal because I run at MIR and the last couple of GNs I've owned ran 10s and didn't have a violation problem. Unless the track officials were just lenient and didn't mind at all. I think as long as you have 6 points your fine; however, I knew a guy who built a 4 point himself and MIR pull him from the track after the first run becuase he didn't have as much protection. Well, if I have to, it's toooo easy to install the cross-bar but hopefully I wont have to.

Very Nice... I will have to ask about this...I am in the middle of deciding to put one in or not...But I love the idea of having a usable back seat.. NICE CAR!

BoostedBug said:
Very Nice... I will have to ask about this...I am in the middle of deciding to put one in or not...But I love the idea of having a usable back seat.. NICE CAR!

Yes, I know what you mean regarding the usability of the back seat because my kids love jumping in the back freely and joy riding with me. Well, I figured I would find out specifically from MIR what the actual requirement for a roll-bar, roll-cage, cross-bar, etc... was relative to a certain E.T. They stated specifically a 6-point roll cage along with a 5-point seat belt harness is required for any full body car running 11.49 or quicker (Wow!!!!). So, you don't necessarily need the cross-bar as long as you have 6 points of frame contact and the roof top roll-bar, which is what I have always had in my other GNs. So friend, it's probably best to go ahead and build her right if you know you're going to bust 11.50s wide open.

flipmo said:
Yes, I know what you mean regarding the usability of the back seat because my kids love jumping in the back freely and joy riding with me. Well, I figured I would find out specifically from MIR what the actual requirement for a roll-bar, roll-cage, cross-bar, etc... was relative to a certain E.T. They stated specifically a 6-point roll cage along with a 5-point seat belt harness is required for any full body car running 11.49 or quicker (Wow!!!!). So, you don't necessarily need the cross-bar as long as you have 6 points of frame contact and the roof top roll-bar, which is what I have always had in my other GNs. So friend, it's probably best to go ahead and build her right if you know you're going to bust 11.50s wide open.

LOL..The car went 11:29 on ET Streets...Man I like the idea of no cross bar...

Great!!! Sounds like you definitely have a winner on your hands. Keep the GN flag flying high, high, high. :cool: