THDP????? Why

agteacher

Life is GREAT!!
WE have been reading and doing a "little research" for a upcomming class project and we see threads about THDP's. What makes this downpipe better than other make of downpipes? :confused:

For one thing there are a lot of them out there. Very few people have Mease DPs because he usually just took people's money and never shipped the DP.

WE have been reading and doing a "little research" for a upcomming class project and we see threads about THDP's. What makes this downpipe better than other make of downpipes? :confused:

Because there is no substitute;) The best DP period!

THDPs have turned into a way to describe a certain style downpipe kinda like a "coke" can mean any soft drink in some parts of the country etc.... ATR and other brands also produced plenty of this style as well as many of the vendors today and are referred to as THDPs. Terry Houston hasn't made pipes in a long while and has been in jail just for the record.

ported stock elbow and 3" dp I went 120.......... changed to thdp and went 122, thats why, LOL

I have a Mease myself. I purchased it from Brian @GBodyParts when he was selling them and had them in stock. It fits my car perfectly. The THDP has a good reputation for fit. Haven't heard a bad thing about them. All Mease stuff was very well made, but the man has problems with follow through and customer relations.( I am trying to be polite)

fit,quality,welds, flange flatness, puck size and sealing area

I had an original THDP for a while, the puck size and sealing area as well as the overall quality of the puck assembly is what I thought stood out above the others I have seen.

What if the ORIGINAL terry houstons were made again. Would they sell do you guys think? What would an ORIGINAL, real deal TH be worth these days. Still in the package.

fit,quality,welds, flange flatness, puck size and sealing area

In class, we were "Discussing" all of these qualities, when one of my student ask " If the THDP is so-good, why doesn't someone make one that is "as good" as the THDP. I bet they(whoever that could/would make a DP) would make alot of money." I replied---cost to manufacture, small market, copying other products/ knock-off copies(copy-right laws!!!) and the number of OTHER dp that are already available.
OK....you know what the next question my students asked...............
IF there are no more THDP, then what is the next BEST dp with ALL the qualities of the THDP!!!!!
I give then the FAMOUS ANSWER :eek: ---- DO a search!!!!
Well, tomorrow morning when they come to class, I am going to be slam with a bunch of answers to "next best DP".
What do you guys Think is the next best DP!!!!
THANKS for all the replies and HELP :)

Well, tomorrow morning when they come to class, I am going to be slam with a bunch of answers to "next best DP".

Just call out sick and let the sub get slammed with questions :D

I have a Mease that I got from the board, then before all the Mease stuff really went downhill I had Keith weld the flanges for a 44mm wastegate when I had to pick up the upper plenum that I won off ebay that took X amount of time to get :rolleyes:. Oh and he did it for free because I forgot to pay him back (I actually was going to pay him but I ran into some money problems, and then I saw how many people he screwed).

I also had a THDP before I took the car apart. Worked good, no boost creep or any other problems.