That Train Wreck

bishir

Serenity Now
So what are your feelings about this person who wrecked that train? I'm thinking what a MORON! Hasn't he ever heard about a gun or drug overdose? Gessh, maybe it's time to re-release Dr. Kevorkian for these type of people.

Thats just sad, 10 wasted lives not mention upcoming court costs and he'll probably get life which taxpayers will have to pay unless he's found mentially unstable or something at the time......too bad he didn't just pick out a big tree and put it to the mat.

Ummm.... get out of the car and stand in front of the train dummy! We have passenger trains down here that do a good 60mph. One morning a guy jumps out in front of one and kills himself. An hour later the train is back on its way through lauderdale, and another idiot jumps in front of it and kills himself less than 10 miles from the first run-in. 1 train, 2 suicides, about 150 people 3 hours late for work and one freaked out train operator!

holy crap 2 in three hours!

if your gonna kill yourself don't bring the rest of the world to a hault! Do it yourself moron.

Ironically, this guy may be getting his original wish. Prosecutor says they will be pursuing the death penalty.

If history is any guide, the trial will cost a fortune, and he will die of old age before they exhaust all appeals, and he really gets put to death.

The serial sniper(s) case a couple of years back happened in my area, around Washington, DC. Both of those guys are still around at taxpayers expense, in spite of a heck of a lot of evidence against them. The older guy Muhammed got the death penalty, and I bet he'll still be around and kicking in 5 years..

Billy
Montgomery Village, MD

Sadly, I don't think the death penalty will ever happen sooner until somebody does something to speed up the appeals process.

I remember there was a guy on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge in D.C. that was threatening to jump off. They held up traffic for hours, people were actually stranded on the beltway, the red cross had to come in and bring supplies to people, and all the time, this fool was just standing there threatening to jump.

People were actually calling into the radio stations saying, please shoot him so we can be on our way. :eek:

I took the Metrolink train this morning into downtown LA from the Orange County side (that's south of LA; the derailment took place north of LA) and we were about 10 minutes from Union Station when I an email from my wife beeped in on my Blackberry...she wrote to tell me she'd just learned that one of the victims was a guy we both knew pretty well as my wife, the victim and another friend of his & hers had all worked in the same office together a couple of years back, and he'd tell us how he was working to become a member of the LAFD. Her email to me closed with "Take care and I love you". We are both having a mortality check tonight.

The news here is reporting one victim began taking the train a month ago as he thought it'd be safer than driving. Another victim took the train because his left knee was bothering him, and he didn't want to drive his stick-shift car to work in traffic.

We sit behind the driver all the time when we ride our local commuter rail (and the Diesel is pushing).

We won't be doing that anymore. From now on, we'll sit in rearward facing seats in a middle car (unless the Diesel is pulling).

Idiots are always getting hit buy trains in Texas.

Originally posted by Buicksx3
I took the Metrolink train this morning into downtown LA from the Orange County side (that's south of LA; the derailment took place north of LA) and we were about 10 minutes from Union Station when I an email from my wife beeped in on my Blackberry...she wrote to tell me she'd just learned that one of the victims was a guy we both knew pretty well as my wife, the victim and another friend of his & hers had all worked in the same office together a couple of years back, and he'd tell us how he was working to become a member of the LAFD. Her email to me closed with "Take care and I love you". We are both having a mortality check tonight.

The news here is reporting one victim began taking the train a month ago as he thought it'd be safer than driving. Another victim took the train because his left knee was bothering him, and he didn't want to drive his stick-shift car to work in traffic.

Wow I am sorry to hear this. My prayers are with them.

Originally posted by MaxVO2
Ironically, this guy may be getting his original wish. Prosecutor says they will be pursuing the death penalty.

This happened it Ca. I don't he'll be getting executed any time soon. Hell, they didn't execute Manson:rolleyes:

Later,

Steve.