That food that you hate

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
Okay, so I'm just trying to keep lightheartedness a prevalent force on this board amidst all of the political jousting....

I'm really a human garbage disposal in the sense that I will eat just about anything and rarely have I ever declined an opportunity to try a new type of food.......that being said, I think most of us have that food just the though of which makes us feel like we're gonna yiff. Mine would have to be:

1. Sloppy Joes (Ate a bunch on a first grade field trip to the park just before getting on the merry go 'round.....haven't touched them since.)

2. Orange Soda (Same explaination as above.)

3. Chicken on the bone (Bad batch of Popeye's when I was 16 that kept me in constant conversation with the toilet for about 12 hours. [Buffalo wings excluded!!!] )

Anybody else?

LOL those are some good comments :D I remember the time I found some chocolate cake in the firdge, figured it was still good...well that 5 minutes of yummy tasting cake turned into 4 hrs of visiting the white cold god every 15 minutes like clockwork....man did that cake own me :eek: But I got over it as choco cake is just too good but every time I see some I have a visual of standing looking in a open fridge seeing that cake....:eek:

Other than that I guess I'd pass on liver...

fried dumplings from chinese places... cause i got food poisoning my fresh. year of college... the smell of 'em still makes me sick. other than that.... i'm really a picky eater... so any kinda veggies just about & other things. i can't really think of anything specific. but i live for fried calamari... go figure... guess that's just the italian in me. oooh! now i know! bacala! anything that i could knock someone out with, i'm not gonna be rushing over to eat some :D hahahaha :p

Originally posted by stickybones
Not really a food, but I hate mustard and tartar sauce. Yuck.

i agree... i HATE all condiments... the smell of 'em makes my stomach turn... & pickles too... blah!

Pickles are gross.

Doritos are the one thing i dont eat, i got the powder in my eyes once when i sneezed and rub my eyes after. i was about 7 or so.. have not touched them since!

DCEPTCN, man your crazy! i'm not too fond of sloppy joes or orange soda, but i do like them. but chicken, have you ever had chicken wings from hooters!?!?! i'm not a chicken lover by any means, but i'd trade a kidney for a lifetime supply of hooters wings, but i'd want them deliverd! :D---> ( . Y . ) <--- :D oh yea...

I'm going to have to go with onions here. i absolutly loathe those things, yuck. and sourcrout. how anyone can eat that stuff is beyone me. I'm also going for all soda pops, i dont' mind the taste, but i won't drink them anymore.

I'm not picky at all. I'll eat anything as long as it's not good for you. The only food I hate is good stuff like apples, oranges, etc.

When the time comes for me to get "cut" I eat only breakfast and skip lunch and dinner. But I eat anything and everything I want for breakfast so I don't get cravings later in the day.

I do like apple juice but not orange juice. I drank too many screwdrivers in the old days and straight orange juice tastes like it has Vodka in it. Southern Comfort is another big one. I can't even smell it without gagging. I don't know how I used to actually drink more than a fifth in a night.

DCEPTCN

Dont you get tired of of rice n beans down there in Mexico, oops I mean new mexico....hahaha!

I cant eat menuedo.....lining of cow intestines..suppose to be good for hangovers!

i don't believe in eating anything that doesn't have a mother. I think the best week worth of eating i've ever had was at a 5 star hotel/resort. i had steak for breakfast, seafood for lunch, and some kind of animal for dinner. you talk about the life. when i'm rich i'll do it everyday :rolleyes:

i wish i could have just eidited my first post....

Chicken on the bone for sure.Makes me wanna puke just lookin' at it.Got some that wasn't cooked enough once.Once

Add those little breakfast sausage links you get at Denny's or IHop.Had some from one of those places once that put me on toilet patrol for a weekend.Can't even have 'em on my plate if I eat there now.

Liver makes me lurch on sight or smell............That's fish bait to me.

F'in beef soft tacos with that white sauce in it.Thanx Taco Bell in Texas.....I still owe you for that one:D

Otherwise, I advise keepin' your hands and silverware away from my plate whilst I'm eat'n, or you could get hurt.:D

One of the funniest parts of Scary Movie 2 was the dinner scene w/Chris Elliott and his "Strong Hand":D

:D :D

Originally posted by 84GNPILE
One of the funniest parts of Scary Movie 2 was the dinner scene w/Chris Elliott and his "Strong Hand":D

:D :D

omg! stirrin' the mashed potatoes!!! :eek:

yea beets are not fit for human consumption. How about brussel sprouts? Liver?? Ack.. all horrible stuff

Ill be sure to bring some chinese take for ya next cruise nite Lindz! :):)

I have a feeling I am opening myself up for some abuse here, but I can take it!
I try to keep kosher so I don't eat pork, shell fish, or mix meat and dairy products.
Other than that, I am very open to foods of all kinds.
Seeing as how my answer really doesn't jive with the point of the thread, let me ask: How can you put a maggot in your mouth?
I am talking about shrimp. They are maggots, they look like maggots and their function as animals are the same as maggots witht he exception that shrimp live under water.
Those things must taste like heaven for a sentient person to put one in their mouth.
No offense to anyone is intended, REALLY, but someone please answer me: How can you bring yourself to put a shrimp in your mouth?

Originally posted by denn454
DCEPTCN, man your crazy! i'm not too fond of sloppy joes or orange soda, but i do like them. but chicken, have you ever had chicken wings from hooters!?!?! i'm not a chicken lover by any means, but i'd trade a kidney for a lifetime supply of hooters wings, but i'd want them deliverd! :D---> ( . Y . ) <--- :D oh yea...

I'm going to have to go with onions here. i absolutly loathe those things, yuck. and sourcrout. how anyone can eat that stuff is beyone me. I'm also going for all soda pops, i dont' mind the taste, but i won't drink them anymore.
I said that Buffalo wings were excluded! I lay awake at night and dream about the next time I'll get to go to Billy McHale's in Seatac, WA.. (Best wings in the world!) Until then, my wife makes a wicked batch o' wings. Believe me, my rule is that I don't make a meal out of anything that can't kick my a$$.....If it wasn't tougher than me while it was alive, why the hell make it the center of the meal? I wish that they would make it legal for me to hunt and eat Vegans.

I'll eat just about anything that doesnt bite me first but I have a few things that I really dont care for.

Liver mush... Ewwwww!!! Id never even heard of this stuff until I met Ms myclone. Its kind of a delicacy(sp?) in NC and it tastes just like some 2"x2" squares of liver were just tossed in the deep frier.

Cooked cabbage.. Just the smell makes me ill. I guess its because we ate a LOT of it when I was a kid as we didnt have a whole lot of cash.

Brussel sprouts.. Same reason as above IMO.

Bugles patato chips. These things look like mini salted funnels and I ate some when I had the flu as a kid and cant stand them ever since.

Ground hog. Tastes EXACTLY like a pencil eraser to me.

If I got hungry enough Id eat all/any of the above but lets just say Id have to be VERRRRY hungry to do so.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
yea beets are not fit for human consumption. How about brussel sprouts? Liver?? Ack.. all horrible stuff

Ill be sure to bring some chinese take for ya next cruise nite Lindz! :):)

aww... so not cool frank! :( :p

Originally posted by myclone
Ground hog. Tastes EXACTLY like a pencil eraser to me.

so wait... you've eaten ground hog?
:confused: