Thanks to the Oklahoma Buick Performance Club

disco stu

Figured I'd start a post to say thanks. I had a great time. This was the first year I was able to run.

What a fun event, ya'll did a great job. I had a hard time not telling all the Ford guys that we got in free. :biggrin: And you guys were giving out trophys and payouts on top of that. I got a sweet top 10 Qualifier plaque and $25 bucks that paid for my T shirt, hot dog, and Frito pie. :cool:

Yea, it is a great event, that I've been to the last 7 years and the GN is 6-0, because last year the fuel pump went out in time trials. Thanks to the Oklahoma guys for putting on a great event. I really enjoyed myself this year being it my first year to run as my dad drove the GN the past 5 years as I just got my license. :biggrin: Nice to go out their and get us a win as a new driver on the track. Was it a 9.8 you pulled down on Friday Stu, that being your fastest pass? Got it on video, it was a good looking pass. ;)

That was me. :) I backed it up with 4 more 9.8x's and gained 1 MPH. This was after I slowed my 60' to keep the rear in the car. Post that video! I bet it is the one where my fender dents in.

thanks to all the OK people. we had a great time and will be back next year. len

LV GN said:
thanks to all the OK people. we had a great time and will be back next year. len

Len,

It was great meeting you and Paul...had a good time chatting with ya...cant wait to do it again!!!

wants a tr said:
Len,

It was great meeting you and Paul...had a good time chatting with ya...cant wait to do it again!!!
josh--were you friends with the guy in the green mustang i raced? and gave me the heads up before the race?

LV GN said:
josh--were you friends with the guy in the green mustang i raced? and gave me the heads up before the race?

yea and my dad is going to try to get you some tranny crates...

wants a tr said:
yea and my dad is going to try to get you some tranny crates...
thanks. i enjoyed talking with you guys. that was a good race with the mustang. i cant believe that car runs that fast with the 4 lug rear! i bet he surprize's a few people on the street . its a fast ride! i dont race on a pro tree very often and had to be on my game. i really had a good time. it was worth the drive. thanks again.

I want video of this event c'mon guys, i was too busy this weekend and couldnt attend!
BW

I wanna see the part where the buick took off in reverse and then through it back in drive and ran the ford down..I thought that was great.

:p
SloRegal said:
I wanna see the part where the buick took off in reverse and then through it back in drive and ran the ford down..I thought that was great.

I didn't see that? But that is kinda funny... :biggrin:

I don't know how to post the video Stu, as we don't have the software to do it. I'll try and go to Best Buy or something this weekend and look in to it. Way to go on the 9.8's, I was only running 12.50's@111 on 20 degrees of timing and 24lbs of boost with 2.1 60FT's. I couldn't hook up to save my life on the M/T Street Drag Radials. Translator is bad because it kept throwing code 42 and once I bypassed the Translator it went away so I had to bypass it and run off the extender chip base timing which is 23/20 I believe on the Extender Chip. So I upped the boost and did the best I could. I was hoping for mid 11's till I found out it was bad. ;) Oh well it was enough to beat that Turd*cough* I mean Ford.. :p

Hi 19Gn86 I had a good time racing you on Friday night too bad my car messed up or I would of ran it on Saturday. I defintely had a great time at the shootout, I'm excited because I just joined the Ok Buick Club and next year I will get to take part in this awesome event.

Jeasen said:
He's lying don't give him anything!

SSSShhhheeeeiiitttt!
At least i spent the weekend working on a buick/tta making it fast, not collecting dust :eek:
LOL
BW

does anyone know who i can talk to about get a few more t-shirts? i need a few x-large or at least 1. thanks. Len

LV GN said:
does anyone know who i can talk to about get a few more t-shirts? i need a few x-large or at least 1. thanks. Len

Len,

I'll see what i can do for ya..

thanks josh. i bought 4 shirts and 1 was to be x-large but i got 2 large and a med and 2x large. the x-large was for my girl friend and this is the 2nd event i came back with no shirt for her and im in trouble!

I recorded the shootout again this year, well the actual event not test and tune. But I did not get the last race, go figure. I will be putting it on DVD again this year. I did it last year for a bunch of people here in the oklahoma club.

mydesigner said:
I recorded the shootout again this year, well the actual event not test and tune. But I did not get the last race, go figure. I will be putting it on DVD again this year. I did it last year for a bunch of people here in the oklahoma club.

Let us know, I will purchase one.

Dannyo

mydesigner said:
i would like 2 copies. thanks