TH400 Into My GN

F8L WS6

Alright i'll make this a long story short. I was building a race car of sorts and collecting parts for it when in the meantime I realized I don't have the time to really complete a car of this magnitude. It was to be a large single turbo (101 mm) LSX with TH400. Well since i'm killing off this plan i'm trying to use what i've got on the GN.

The GN I bought I was told it had a working trans but in fact the guy stripped everything out of the trans and no way it would run. Now i'm having the good idea of tossing this TH400 into it. It was built by Yank and dyno tested to withstand 1400 hp. It has a Tbrake and RMVB. Problem is it's for a chevy motor.

So i'm wondering does anyone make any kind of adapter so I can use this trans on my GN? Or is there anyway I can make this one work?

Sorry if this is a dumb questions and thanks for any help anyone can give.

Wow thanks for the replys. Those Ultra Bells are NICE. How strong are those regular adapters? I'm going to try to motivate this thing into the low 11's, if i'm lucky a high 10. The Trans-Dapt one looks pretty solid, I may try one of these at first then switch to the Ultra Bell down the road.

Thanks again for the replys. Buick community is the best!

Im working from memory here. The Chevy trans has the 4 lower bolts that are the same as the BOP. Some cases have enough material on the top bolts to be redrilled. If not the JW Bell is the way to go.

I'm going to see if I can find someone competent around here to cut the bell off my trans now and go for the JW Bell. I don't know if I trust myself trying to hack it off....