th200r Code OG year 85

Jürgen2

Oversea Member
Hey all,
I´m restoring a chevelle and my plans have been to put a 383 CSB in with a lot of torque and a lot of power.
I want to use a TH2004r with the letter Code -OG-
I know I have a lot to do with this tranny to make it strong enough to handle about 450 ft lbs and about 450 hp.

Now my plans changed a little, because I got a 327 SB with 275hp. I want to use this engine, and finish the restoration first. This way I´ll have the car back on the streets earlier. And when it´s on the street, a can build up my stroker engine and swap it when it is finished.

Now my question is: Will the stock th2004r handle that 275 hp engine? Or will I have to strengthen it before I use it?

I know it has to be strengthened for the 383, but if it´s possible I want to do it together with the engine swap, because I´ll have more money for the body yet.

Thanks
Juergen S

og valve body is a very undesirable calibration for hp usage.built it right now or pay double later,chris.

If I could use the transmission without strengthening, I would just use it now with no rebuild. It´s a working trans.

Why you say I have to pay double if I don´t do it now?
Will the engine kill the trans?
If it is this way I´ll use my old th350 first, until I finish my 383 engine. And then I would swap both in at once.

Thanks
Juergen S