Testa or TurboTweak?

bgn87

Just a member
I've been doing a bit of reading here and narrowed it down to this. I'm going to be putting 009's in my car. The tip in stumble is my fear and from what I've read, these 2 are the best with these chips. Jim's been around here for a long time and was THE one to get it right on the 009's. I don't know much about Eric's chips. Any recommendations or opinions, please post em. Also, is Jim even burning chips anymore?
Thanks

Jim burned a chip for me and my 40's. No problems at all. I'm sure he still does chips and would recommend him based on my results. As far as Eric at turbotweak I don't know.I e-mailed him awhile ago about a chip for 57's. He's yet to return a reply. Must be on vacation.

Eric is around. I'll bet he didn't get your e-mail or something. I've been going back and forth with him on my thumbwheel for the last week or so. He's always answered my e-mails.
bgn87- I think you'll do fine with either. I've got a 50lb chip for my car from Testa and it runs great...it just needs more fuel at startup or something because it doesn't like to run until it's warmed up.
I just got done driving the car a little while ago and playing with the Turbotweak thumbwheel. So far so good. I can't say a bad thing about it. Cold start is great, idle, part throttle, wot....everything is good. No complaints at all.
That said, I think you'll be just fine with either though.

hi,
im so confident in eric from turbotweak that if he doesnt gaurantee it, i will.;)

in my opinion ,eric is the only one to deal with.he deals with making your chip exactlly what you need.he goes the extra mile.
it seems that other chip burners have become less personal and more generic.eric knows that no two combos are the same and is very determined to get your chip right.

nick

b231v6,
I sent you an email. I was having some problems awhile back with my spam filters. It was filtering too much! If I can help, let me know.

Eric

ERIC , ERIC , ERIC

lol

cant go wrong with turbo tweak

if the spam filters dont get ya he always reply's

I just got the second of my e-mails back today. It says they're undeliverable(go figure).Maybe I got your e-mail wrong. I sent it again. Thanks Jace:)

ERIC

Hey I sent you an email a few days ago(maybe 4?) and havent heard back from you yet. Guess I got filtered out??? My adress is kymacknz@aol.com, I'll send it to you again, let me know if you get it.

Thanks,
Kyle

Two Lane,

The thumbwheel hardware is Caspers. I use the 8 position and program whatever the customer wants into it. Usually its something like 1 no-start setting, 1 street chip setting, and the rest are various duty cycles for racing. But just about anything can be done with it. You could do various timing settings also.
All of the chips guys can program these, Lubrant, Testa, Carter, etc.

The Maxeffort is in a class by itself and offers full programmability of various things in the chip and is open loop (no oxygen sensor required). It is a step (well, a few steps) above what I do and truely an awesome device.

I don't do any programmable stuff, but I can do open loop. It is a 2 step process. I send a closed loop chip to see where the BLM's learn to. Then I do a new chip with the BLM's locked to those values so they never change. No O2 sensor will be required after that.

Regards,
Eric

THANKS TO ERIC AT WWW.TURBOTWEAK.COM!!

Eric,

Thanks for this important info!

Do you want guys to furnish their own thumbwheels or do you?

TIA!! :)

Eric,
Right now I have the stock MAF but I have a Translator and 3.5 LS1 MAF, I'm just waiting to get some extra $$ for the cold air kit before I put it on. I have a set of 42.5 injectors that I wanna install and need a chip. Is this a big factor in the chip going from stock MAF to the LS1?

On the thumbwheels, it doesn't matter if the customer purchases the hardware from Caspers or I do. Its the same price.

On the LS1 MAF, there is a change I need to make in the chip for that MAF. However, I could make the change initially and it will work decent with the stock MAF. The blm's might get skewed a little, but WOT performance won't be affected.

Regards,
Eric