tell me what injector to go with here please

Toby_Goodmk

Test Fit officianto
Please look at my combo. 80's were in my car, popped the #5 cylinder HG last night. No water in oil, no oil in water. Plug wet, all others are ok within 5% of each other on compression test.

Had injector fault code on the fast, so evidently 80s will not work. I flirted with danger and it bit. I read over and over 80s would work 80s wont work, It really is dependent on the car. So again....learn from my mistakes.

It went from comfortable IDC to kill mode in less than 2 seconds. I think the car is opened up so well that it needs larger injectors and probably more pump. I really thought 450lph would have been good enough, but hey why not make that bigger too right?? Geesh, so anyways 120's good enough? Opinions thoughts please.

i almost ran out of injector last week farting around on a country road. I dont want to run out of injector. Not necessarily goal setting, just want to be safe.

Well, on the E85 then I would go up, I know my 60's have taken my car to 128mph in the 1/4 in hot and humid fl summer. That was on pump with alky, dont see 80's getting it done on e85. I'd say I would drop down to 120, maybe even high teens if I went to e85. So yeah, 100's, better off 120's for you since you have a fast ECU. I would assume you have a little more control in fueling with a fast vs stock ECU in the lower rpms and overall.

As far as the in tank pump...you have a 450 now, only way to go now is a DP.

Go with 160 and be done with it. The will take will deep into the 9's. I just moved from 120 to 160.

Go with 160 and be done with it. The will take will deep into the 9's. I just moved from 120 to 160.

What's the cats meow for 160s these days? I still need to see the data logs on my new setup for the 120s

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ugh, 600. I think stepping up to 120 for me will keep me safe. I really do not intend to go into 9s, that is too scary for a street ttop car. I just dont want to run out of injector farting around like i was last night on the street.

What's the cats meow for 160s these days? I still need to see the data logs on my new setup for the 120s

don't know got my 160 on a deal. maybe $600 plus
ugh, 600. I think stepping up to 120 for me will keep me safe. I really do not intend to go into 9s, that is too scary for a street ttop car. I just dont want to run out of injector farting around like i was last night on the street.

http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INJ-120-FM

160's will give a large correction window for an aftermarket ecu with fuel pressure correction capability and would be what I'd use for an 800-1000hp ethanol application. Leave the largest feasible window possible for the ecu to do its job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

don't know got my 160 on a deal. maybe $600 plus

http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=INJ-120-FM

for a mid 10 second application on E85, 120's would be the minimum I would go with.

Are you running gas or e85 right now? 80's should not "not work", i.e. I am worried you have some sort of wiring issue causing the fault, and blowing motors and gaskets.

Bison could answer from more experience, but I'm not aware of any issues with high impedance injectors and the XFI. What triggers an Injector fault Brian?

bob

............ What triggers an Injector fault Brian?

bob

100% duty cycle? or perhaps closed loop correction maxed out? (its not a circuit fault is it?)

Bob, I described the injector fault incorrectly. It is called an injector duty limit fault code. It comes across as an SES light and displays as a trouble code stored in the FAST E-dash. You are right, I have had one hell of a track record for having issues, this one is on me again. I think it makes sense, run an injector past it's duty cycle and the engine runs lean, you get the results I had.

Well, we need to get back to the basics again. You have a new engine, new tune, new setup.

Do you have any datalogs of some low and medium boost pulls to see where you are at?

How much boost were you running when you blew the gasket? Were you running gas, gas + alky, or E85?

Have you verified ignition timing?

Knock sensor working, and/or are you getting any knock on the low and medium boost test runs?

The answers to some of these questions might help us determine where the gremlin is hiding.

Bob

for a mid 10 second application on E85, 120's would be the minimum I would go with.

Are you running gas or e85 right now? 80's should not "not work", i.e. I am worried you have some sort of wiring issue causing the fault, and blowing motors and gaskets.

Bison could answer from more experience, but I'm not aware of any issues with high impedance injectors and the XFI. What triggers an Injector fault Brian?

bob

running straight E85. All wiring, unless defective should be straight. New caspers engine harness, FAST hot wired to the battery, hot wired coil, injector harness hot wired, brand new AZ GN super pumper, new tank, racetronix lines, battery. FAST came with the Caspers plug and play so all should be straight there too.

IDK, this car accelerates, idles, drives, operates all so nicely for the last 6 weeks I have had it on the road. Sure enough as soon as I start getting more comfortable with it, and push up the boost pressures, pop. As mentioned above....I have seen the IDC creeping up in the 80-90% and last night I pushed a little too hard. Tires were smoking having fun with it, hit 100% rpm went higher with the tires smoking...., and pop. Lesson learned.

Well, we need to get back to the basics again. You have a new engine, new tune, new setup.

Do you have any datalogs of some low and medium boost pulls to see where you are at?

How much boost were you running when you blew the gasket? Were you running gas, gas + alky, or E85?

Have you verified ignition timing?

Knock sensor working, and/or are you getting any knock on the low and medium boost test runs?

The answers to some of these questions might help us determine where the gremlin is hiding.

Bob

Here is some info. I do have a log on a 22lb pull for a very short time. I cannot figure out how to attach a fast data log or I would post up. It doesnt have too much data (not very long) and things looked ok then. I do know the KR is operating. On that pull I recorded KR when I jumped the front tires off the ground at 90 mph. No KR at low to medium boost.

WHen I blew HG we saw 22lb boost. I am running all E85, and I have a good .685 energy constant. I can and probably should verify ign timing and will contact Cal to see what I do to put the ECU into base timing to check it.

THanks for asking the questions.

upload_2016-7-10_23-59-21.png

aha!! can do screen shots though. I have it set in the fast window at the peak of the run. 72% IDC at 4900, 336lph. Shit I may be running out of fuel at the pump too.

Ok, lets analyze the data we see in that snapshot.

1, injector dutycycle: 71% so the injectors were not static at that point of that run.
2, fuel psi 67, for 22 psi of boost, if your base fuel pressure is 45, then you are not out of fuel pump on that run.
3, target A/F = 7.38 , actual A/F 9.0 Lean as hell. big WTF moment here.
3A - wideband correction % 0.0 serious WTF moment here also.

so, 2 serious issues, neither are injector fuel pump related.

3 something is wrong with the tune, if the wideband correction is 0, and the A/F is that far off, the then tune is bad at that spot
3A why is the wideband correction not correcting.

so, at that boost, it appears you are not out of injector or pump. You have a tune issue. I don't see VE on your dashboard, but that is where the problem likely lies.

"Its your fuel map, it has a nasty hole" (movie quote)

In my opinion.

Bob