TE44C turbo

Richard W

(Limited Engineering) never installed. Precision housing with 3 inch inlet and 2 inch outlet. Includes actuator. $675.00 plus shipping

Attachments

• IMG_0411[1].JPG
    IMG_0411[1].JPG
    778.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0409[1].JPG
    IMG_0409[1].JPG
    881.5 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0410[1].JPG
    IMG_0410[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 198
lower the price a little and I'm all over it....
Black,
I bought the TE44 to replace a turbo that was lost enroute to Limit for a rebuild.Before I could install the TE44,my original was found,so I went ahead with original plan and put the original back on the car.I called Limit Engineering this week and the TE44C is priced at $860.00 with actuator.What do you think a fair price would be?

man you really over paid for that turbo...the new precision unit with billet wheel that replaces the old te44 cost $675 at gbody parts...the same exact turbo your selling use to cost $595 at gbody before it was replaced with the better precision unit..i dont know man, i feel bad making you an offer..

Those budget turbo are just that!! BUDGET !!!! I bought one from full throttle and it lasted 2500 easy street miles then started to leak oil on the hotside! Of course the car isn't a DD so it was passed the year warrenty. The moral of the story is u get what u pay for. I'am sure the one from Limit would be far better quality.:)

chriss4655 said:
Those budget turbo are just that!! BUDGET !!!! I bought one from full throttle and it lasted 2500 easy street miles then started to leak oil on the hotside! Of course the car isn't a DD so it was passed the year warrenty. The moral of the story is u get what u pay for. I'am sure the one from Limit would be far better quality.:)
The one I offer is cheaper than both unless ordered with Garrett housing but the sealing rings and thrust assembly is the best I can get my hands on. I take a hit on margin using these parts but id rather be more competitive. I've taken apart some new/nearly new turbos just to replace those parts. I've fixed several high dollar turbos that smoked like a coal rolling diesel by simply replacing the ex side piston ring and de-carbonizing the shaft. Other times I've found that the oil return was inadequate when the owner thought the turbo was shot. I've also found a couple that had shafts that were apparently re-ground and balancing as an assembly was impossible. No matter what you use or spend on the unit things still can slip through the cracks. That's where the vendor needs to make a decision to good will it or not. Even when it's very apparent that the failure wasnt due to manufacturer defect it's still worth eating it more often than not. On another note let's let the OP sell his turbo. Starting a new thread at this point would probably be the right thing to do. He can ask any amount he wants. Anyone can make any offer they want.

I guess I assumed there already had been threads devoted to who makes good turbochargers at a fair price.You guys enjoy yourselves.

Bison - It's yours if you want it.Had a couple PM's,but you are the only one to reply here at this point.Let me know.