te ta housing

mo86gn

Im having trouble with wastegate mounting correctly to turbo. What is the diff between ta and te style housing? The wastegate is the original off the stock turbo. Any help would be appreciated.

How come the wastegate fit perfect on the stock and wont on the new turbo. The bolt holes that the bracket bolts up to are spread farther apart.

Using a stock wastegate actuator with a TE housing usually means that you have to weld the wastegate to the compression bracket (not sure if that is the right term) that is already screwed into the turbo housing. Some guys will rig it so the wastegate is held on by only one bolt but that's a lot of tension on just one bolt. I think Cotton's has them pre-configured to bolt right to a TE housing if you don't feel like welding/drilling.

attachment-1.jpg

Good luck. I do know that Limit Engineering will sell an actuator all ready to mount up for around $80. I'd really go that route rather than using the "one bolt" method since the geometry will still be a little off. I've seen the single bolt pull right out of the housing, stripping the threads clean off. That's a lot to handle for one little bolt.