TE-62 SPOOL TIME!!!

TireFryer

The New Kid
Old school JB TE-62 .63 ar housing and a vig lockup 3200 stall converter. This is just stabbing at at 24 psi from cruising at 55mph. Spools pretty quick for junk parts IMO. Just thought I’d share!

My TA-62 backup turbo was a little laggy with a 'O' pump Vigilante single disk 3000 stall.
Then again the PTE-51 spools lightning fast with it so it went back in after the rebuild.

That's what it should do with it in gear with already enough ex gas volume to get the turbo up,
with a turbine exhaust wheel and exhaust housing that cant flow to get it out.
Boost is a measure of what doesnt get in
Or is waiting to get in(stacking).
Dont confuse spool time with power.
This vid is a perfect example of the turbo being the restriction and what alot of us back in the day was fighting

That's what it should do with it in gear with already enough ex gas volume to get the turbo up,
with a turbine exhaust wheel and exhaust housing that cant flow to get it out.
Boost is a measure of what doesnt get in
Or is waiting to get in(stacking).
Dont confuse spool time with power.
This vid is a perfect example of the turbo being the restriction and what alot of us back in the day was fighting
wait. So it’s not running well? This was me cruising in 4th with the converter locked. I matter it, the converter had to unlock, and it had to drop a gear. Doing all that I thought it spooled pretty quick. It spools twice as fast if I’m in second gear and stab it. I have stock heads cam and headers so maybe that’s the restriction you’re speaking of. This turbo is rated at 675 crank HP

wait. So it’s not running well? This was me cruising in 4th with the converter locked. I matter it, the converter had to unlock, and it had to drop a gear. Doing all that I thought it spooled pretty quick. It spools twice as fast if I’m in second gear and stab it. I have stock heads cam and headers so maybe that’s the restriction you’re speaking of. This turbo is rated at 675 crank HP
Same car/combo as in your other posts right?
Looking at fuel usage will tell you you what kind of power
Not sure if you picked up a draggy yet but that will tell you what kind of performance the car is doing.
I know we spoke about that in your other threads.
Then you'll know how its running
To look at restrictions the whole combo has to be looked at and yes heads,cam,springs,exhaust system
I would look at back pressure closely then begin the upgrades if your looking for that full rating on that turbo.
If your happy now then happy spooling😎

Take it to the track and get your time slip that will tell you how the combo. is doing in more ways than one. :)

That spools pretty good but a modern 62mm and converter will walk all over it with spool time and power

That spools pretty good but a modern 62mm and converter will walk all over it with spool time and power
For a college kid that can’t afford a $3000 ball bearing turbo and converter combo it’s pretty good lol. The guy I bought the converter and turbo package from ran high tens on 93/alky. That’s my goal when my next motor is finished. Someday ill get a good combo but together for it.

For a college kid that can’t afford a $3000 ball bearing turbo and converter combo it’s pretty good lol. The guy I bought the converter and turbo package from ran high tens on 93/alky. That’s my goal when my next motor is finished. Someday ill get a good combo but together for it.
i hear ya, make do with what you got,, we all been there...