te 60 question

muzz

I am trying for a low 7 in the 1/8 mile with my car and was wondering if I am maxing out my turbo.It seems to run the same times at 25 pounds or 29. Could my turbo be too small or could it be that I need to upgrade my heads or camshaft? Thanks in advance.

i found 25-7 psi to be the sweet spot with my TE-60 . 7.30's 1/8

stock longblock MSD 50# inj and a 3200 ARTCARR converter im sure it could go faster ....if it wasnt tuned by me

i found 25-7 psi to be the sweet spot with my TE-60 . 7.30's 1/8

stock longblock MSD 50# inj and a 3200 ARTCARR converter im sure it could go faster ....if it wasnt tuned by me
Thanks for the reply.The last owner was running 7.3s with a slower 60 foot time.My best is a 7.5 with a 1.59 60 foot.Must be my in my tune and lack of experience.Still have a lot to learn! Your cars and garage look great.

te 60

I went 6.9x with my 60.It was at 26#s.I think think it would have went faster with more boost.It sucked a piece of the silicone hose up into the compressor wheel before i could make any high boost runs.:mad:

I went 6.9x with my 60.It was at 26#s.I think think it would have went faster with more boost.It sucked a piece of the silicone hose up into the compressor wheel before i could make any high boost runs.:mad:
Thats right where I would like to be with mine.If you dont mind what was the rest of your modifications?Thank you.

muzz,you can drop the 60ft 1.59 is good but not the end of the road.i would shoot to drop the 60 and 330.i know others have gone faster on the 60 but when you add more boost the car is not picking up,do you know the weight of the car?which exhaust housing is on the turbo?

muzz,you can drop the 60ft 1.59 is good but not the end of the road.i would shoot to drop the 60 and 330.i know others have gone faster on the 60 but when you add more boost the car is not picking up,do you know the weight of the car?which exhaust housing is on the turbo?
I havent weighed the car yet, but nothings been removed so it should be normal weight. Around 3800? I dont know what size the exhaust housing is.I cant figure out all the different turbo sizes.My 330 times are around 4.79 to 4.90. I think those can be better.I will try and find out my weight and housing size.Thank you for the help.

I havent weighed the car yet, but nothings been removed so it should be normal weight. Around 3800? I dont know what size the exhaust housing is.I cant figure out all the different turbo sizes.My 330 times are around 4.79 to 4.90. I think those can be better.I will try and find out my weight and housing size.Thank you for the help.

have you tried adding timing or pulling fuel? also too much alky to hide knock can cause low times

have you tried adding timing or pulling fuel? also too much alky to hide knock can cause low times
I think you figured it out for me.The last owner used racing gas only. I did add degree of timing on my last pass but I spun really bad so I couldnt see a change.I tried 110 in it and it sputtered really bad under high boost so I cant tell the difference between the two.Thanks for the help.

unhook your second fuel pump. we have guys running one single 340 pump, and a alky kit with 70 series turbos.

2 pumps in the tank plus alky is too much fuel, just try it
also, make sure the fuel doesnt back feed thru one of the other pumps, or you wont get all the fuel you need.

double pumper for a 60 is tooooo muuucch!

BW

also, i was able to take my 60's from 1.59 to 1.49 by taking advice on how to correctly do a burnout.
Roll out on the gas to clear the tires of any debris after the burnout, i was letting off too soon, and the tires were balling up, so the 60's were not the greatest.
i also installed 12way adjustable rear shocks, and set the tire pressure to 13psi, make sure you set your tire pressure, then after each pass make sure you recheck the tire pressure.
Get some towels and put them over the slicks to keep the rear tires in the shade, this way you get consistant tire pressure readings, maybe if possible, park it in the shade
BW:)

also, i was able to take my 60's from 1.59 to 1.49 by taking advice on how to correctly do a burnout.
Roll out on the gas to clear the tires of any debris after the burnout, i was letting off too soon, and the tires were balling up, so the 60's were not the greatest.
i also installed 12way adjustable rear shocks, and set the tire pressure to 13psi, make sure you set your tire pressure, then after each pass make sure you recheck the tire pressure.
Get some towels and put them over the slicks to keep the rear tires in the shade, this way you get consistant tire pressure readings, maybe if possible, park it in the shade
BW:)
My launches are so inconsistant.I never know if its going to spin.The right air bag was empty when I got home.I have ordered a hrparts rear sway bar and hope it will make launch straighter.Everytime it spins I let off and it kills my times.
I will try unhooking the second pump.It starts to sputter right when the second pump starts coming on.The car had 40 pound injectors when I got it so I must have made it worse with the 60s.Thanks for the help.

I had that bar on my daily driver, huge difference in how the car could corner.

Do you have the stock bar or a atr bar?

Ive been running the atrs on all my cars, took the hr bar off and sold it to a friend that needed it more than i did.
What tires are you running?

BW

I had that bar on my daily driver, huge difference in how the car could corner.

Do you have the stock bar or a atr bar?

Ive been running the atrs on all my cars, took the hr bar off and sold it to a friend that needed it more than i did.
What tires are you running?

BW
My bar is stock.I tried unhooking the front bar once but it drove so bad on the street.Tires are 275/50 MT drag radials.Rear shocks seem 50/50. Not sure on the fronts.

Yeah, put the hr bar on, and toss the front bar in the corner. My car would corner awesome with the front bar off when it had the hr bar.

Now it has the atr bar on it, and reinstalled the front bar, it still doesnt corner as well as it did with the singe rear hr bar.

What tire pressure were you running the M-T Tires?

Maybe a few more trips to the track and you will be running 6.9s :)

My tta had that ta60 and was running 11.1 -11.2

BW

Yeah, put the hr bar on, and toss the front bar in the corner. My car would corner awesome with the front bar off when it had the hr bar.

Now it has the atr bar on it, and reinstalled the front bar, it still doesnt corner as well as it did with the singe rear hr bar.

What tire pressure were you running the M-T Tires?

Maybe a few more trips to the track and you will be running 6.9s :)

My tta had that ta60 and was running 11.1 -11.2

BW
Tires were at 17 psi.Thanks for all the help.Hopefully I will be posting some new lower times!