TE-44 or TA-49

What kind of times have you guys seen with a TA49 and a stock D5 converter. I am thinking about bumping my converter to a 2800 / 3000 stall with this turbo . What do you guy's think.:D

I did that wayyy back...I didnt like it....really kicked the hell out of my driveabilty around town....like mid range didnt pull.. D5s rule:p

Originally posted by Brian Verson
What kind of times have you guys seen with a TA49 and a stock D5 converter. I am thinking about bumping my converter to a 2800 / 3000 stall with this turbo . What do you guy's think.:D

Times? Check my timeslip page for times. Leaving with footbrake and using drag radials. I don't know any reason why anyone else couldn't do the same.

I see no reason to mess with the converter. 12" converters start losing efficiency as one pushes the stall toward 3000 rpm anyway.

We have all the low end pull we need with the stock converter and the car will pull better on the top end with it.

Save your money for race gas. :)

Also, take note of UNGN's suggestion to radius the backside of the wastegate hole as an anti-creep measure..this should really help.