Same Comp Wheel: TE-44/TA-49/TE-50?

The ta49 and te44 both have a 58mm compressor wheel ,i dont think there was a te-50, there was a ta-51 which was simular to a ta49 but a different bigger turbine wheel trim

In fact, there was a TE-50. It was built by the late, NHRA & AMA, dragbike champion, John Myers, out of his shop, Myers Turbo Specialties, in Alabama.

Thanks for the compressor wheel info. The TE-50 was configured with the same 58mm compressor wheel as the other two mentioned then.

In fact, there was a TE-50. It was built by the late, NHRA & AMA, dragbike champion, John Myers, out of his shop, Myers Turbo Specialties, in Alabama.
I was unaware of a 3 bolt te50 for the Buick

Thanks for the compressor wheel info. The TE-50 was configured with the same 58mm compressor wheel as the other two mentioned then.

I was unaware of a 3 bolt te50 for the Buick
I am only aware of its existence because I bought one 2nd hand on one of the forums. I ran it for couple years on my TR. As a practical matter, the only difference between the Myers' variant and the TE-44/TA-49 versions was in the exhaust wheel.

They all shared the same 58mm comp wheel as was pointed out above. The difference was in the hotside.

John Myers configured his TE-50 with a clipped H2(?) turbine wheel and he cut the exhaust housing to suit the larger turbine.

The TE-50 was more expensive than its TE-44 & TA-49 siblings due to the extra machina and balancing steps. I think that new back in 2005 they cost about $850ish.