TCS torque converters

prokeep15

Anyone who RECENTLY bought a TCS converter have any problems with them? I just got one from Kurtz and it was broken before even being installed...CK thanks for your opinion!

Problems

We had a Car breaking the front Pump after a day at the track. This happened 3 times until we pulled off the 9/11 and installed it on a Lathe. Spun the Converter and the Snout had a Wabble visible to the eye.
TCS said it was normal....:confused:
Shipped it back and they replaced it. This is not the first time I have been hearing about their quality control....

MF'ers thats what Kurtz told me my problem sounded like...I get a vibration in l/u when theres a load coming on, like right before it wants to downshift in lockup when you begin rolling into the throttle it vibrates like I'm driving over a cattle gaurd.

We had a Car breaking the front Pump after a day at the track. This happened 3 times until we pulled off the 9/11 and installed it on a Lathe. Spun the Converter and the Snout had a Wabble visible to the eye.
TCS said it was normal....:confused:
Shipped it back and they replaced it. This is not the first time I have been hearing about their quality control....

How long ago was this??

Summer of 2005
Converter was purchased first from CK and then we delt with TCS...
The fellow regret the day he first bought the Converter.
He was driving the Car to the Track, so he had to tow the Car 3 times back home and labor on repairs and so on....

Regrettably that was a very unhappy customer.I tried to get it resolved with Rusty and he claimed there wasnt anything wrong with the converter.This was one out of about 5 front pump failures or bushing spinouts immediately after the install of a TCS 911 piece.There was also 3 that were supposed to be 2004r converters and they were 30 splines instead of 27.Needless to say i pissed some off when they put the converter in and the car did not move.Lucky for Bruce at PTS,Rusty was selling him something "different"or "special than what we were getting(yeah right rusty).This was although Rusty claimed that they were the same and we were paying the same price for them,and that Bruce was full of crap and had no rights to them etc.Im not interested in digging up this anyhow but the bottom line is most of ours were junk although the ones that worked did work well.W also purchased a dozen 2004r input shafts that were bent or had journals not ground.Is not that he doesnt know what hes doing he just doesnt care.I uess hes got too much money.sorry for those who suffered as a result of his negligence.

Ill keep this in mind if i have to deal with a TCS. Ill be sure to verify the runout before allowing it to be run.