tcc not locking???

prostock555

i am having problems trying to get my torque converter too lock up..i have a fresh build, engine trans everyhting...vince janice built trans for a lock up converter..10" ptc lock up converter..and the computer sais that the converter should be locking up at 45 mph but its not...i even put a switch in at the aldat connector the tan and black wire through a switch from ground to the wire to try and make it come on early and still nothing...the switch under the dash--brake pedal....cruise ect appears to be in the right position...WHAT CAN I TRY AND LOOK FOR??!! THANKS GUYS...

Try a spare ecm if you have one. Once I had one go bad causing the TCC not to lock and trans shift correctly.... chased it for months before it was nailed down to the ecm.

...i even put a switch in at the aldat connector the tan and black wire through a switch from ground to the wire to try and make it come on early and still nothing..

aldl_connector.gif

See if there is any voltage between pin F and A (ground) on the ALDL connector pictured above, with the key on and engine off. I do not happen to know the wire color on pin F. That way you know there is power to the Torque convertor solenoid and the TQ cutout on the brake switch is operational.

If not let us know.