TC for my setup

duber3

Hi everybody,
I've looked here but I didn't find exactly the answer,
I have the original D5 TC on my car and I would like to upgrade it but I don't know what to do
restall the D5 with the L/U or buy an 10"L/U
This is a street car an I'll go sometime at the track, here my setup
TE44, TTchip 42lbs inj. , spring valves, walbro fuel pump, 2.5" exhaust, slicks at the track(26-8.5-15) and for now I'm at 19lbs of boost, planning to go 22 next year

about the TC, we have a local here that can do the restall, I'm thinking 2800rpm If possible
but if I buy one, I don't know which one, PTC??

thanks!

I have a 2800 stall 10" on a ta49.
I went with ptc, two thumbs up from me . I've been reading good things about Dave H.

PTC 10 LU 2800 stall and not look back , I have the similar set up on my Stocker except for the turbo and love mine , the extra weight you save on the crankshaft from the D5 is free acceleration trying to turn it , you will be amazed .

Hi everybody,
I've looked here but I didn't find exactly the answer,
I have the original D5 TC on my car and I would like to upgrade it but I don't know what to do
restall the D5 with the L/U or buy an 10"L/U
This is a street car an I'll go sometime at the track, here my setup
TE44, TTchip 42lbs inj. , spring valves, walbro fuel pump, 2.5" exhaust, slicks at the track(26-8.5-15) and for now I'm at 19lbs of boost, planning to go 22 next year

about the TC, we have a local here that can do the restall, I'm thinking 2800rpm If possible
but if I buy one, I don't know which one, PTC??

thanks!
Another good choice would be one of my new converters. The 9.5" 3021 lock-up with hi-flow mod will work awesome in your application.

Thanks you for your replies
I think I will go with the 10", with the D5 I have a 60' at 1.85
what can I expect with the 10" with a 2800 stall??

I have a Husek standard build trans with his 9.5" 2800 stall convertor. I pulled an easy 1.68 60 ft on 235/60-15 ET Streets on the stock brakes. I was worried about ripping the tires loose, so I did not load up too much. I have only made 2 passes on the new convertor, also have a TE-44 turbo. As I learn the limits I expect the 60 ft to get better. Seems like a lot of room for improvement on my part, I did not check the boost gauge when I launched, so I don't know what it was. I just know it was a lot easier to launch well than when I had the stock convertor and turbo, which I could also pull 1.6x 60 ft. I really like the convertor on the street and the strip.