Tastin' 'n' Racin' show

HYBRIDT

Kinda small car show in Issaquah today at the hydro races at Sammammish state park, but I took "Best Modern Muscle Car". Got new wheels (cough, cough, co...they're 20's...gh, cough) on my car, new SSBC brakes all the way around should be here this week and I'm having professional pictures taken later this month.

Just an update,
Adam

Way to go, Adam!
That's a very cool award "Best Modern Muscle Car".

Who's doing you professional pics? Hope you're planning on sending them in to an auto mag to land an article. Your Hybrid T would be an awesome write-up.

Last week I just had professional pics of my GN done here in Everett by Lumina Photography. Got referred by Sam with the 87GN. The place was very interesting. I could drive the car into the studio and they had a large white backdrop area. They took about 100 shots. The all black paint gives them fits trying to neutralize the light reflections. But I'm sure the Photoshop post production work will clean it up. I should end up with a magazine style high quality poster picture. They plan on sponsoring a car show this Summer, so hopefully they'll include the GN in their ad. I'll try to post some pics after I get the CD.

Just a friend of the family that I'm letting spend some time with my car for him to enter in a photo contest. I get a copy of all the pics for myself. He has taken lots of picks of other cars, mostly european cars though. I'm excited to get some cool motion pics and some current pics that weren't taken with my junky camera.;)

Adam

Adam congrats on the award! No surprise there, do you ever 'not' win with that thing? :)

Let me know if I need to reserve your parking spot for TT6. :cool:

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Kinda small car show in Issaquah today at the hydro races at Sammammish state park, but I took "Best Modern Muscle Car". Got new wheels (cough, cough, co...they're 20's...gh, cough) on my car, new SSBC brakes all the way around should be here this week and I'm having professional pictures taken later this month.

Just an update,
Adam

20" !!! Tuck them bad boys up in the fenders.. you might have to drop your car another 2". I really like the way your hybrid turned out..hmm 20ss thats some fat rims for sure. Are you putting 20s in the back and 18" in the front or is that all the way around?

He did 20s all the way around there is pics in my TY build up section of webshots just click MAITAI

Very nice...

Did it raise the car up a little or was he able to keep it the same.. Those tires look like at least 345s/30s or 35s or somthing in that range? My car came stock with 14sx5s. I now have 17 x7.5 with 225s on there. I wish I could go to some 18s but a lot of $$ and I would have to fab up a mini tube in the rear and move the spring perch up on the front struts.. Oh well. The 20s do look really good though.

Adam,

Are those American Racing Torque Thrusts (CL205's) with the centers painted?

That's what I've got on my '36. 20X8 on the rear 17X7 up front.

BTW, the Hybrid T looks GREAT!:D

The fronts are 20 X 8.5 with 4" BS and the rears are 20 X 10 with 4.75" BS. the front tires are 245/35ZR20 and the rear are 275/30ZR20. They're Nitto 555s, not the drag radials. I probably could get a 285 or 295s on the rear, but in 20s the options are limited. I didn't want to go too wide 'cause the ride heighth, or lack of heighth, is very important to me and I don't like rubbing. I have my inner lip trimmed out both in the rear and front 'cause of the flares and the fact that I wanted the tires pushed out as far as possible for that wide look. They are CL205s, with the centers powder coated. That was some DRAMA. I contacted American Racing before I ordered the wheels and told them that i was planning to black the middles out. They told me that they had some customers report problems with adhesion on the all polished wheels and recomended I get the 205s. When I got the 205s they had a lot of texture and the powder coater told me that the new powder coat would just be textured too. After my buddy sanded all the middles down to 320 grit :( (thanks John) the coating came out really smooth. Turns out that the problem was when people painted the centers, and for powder coating the all polished would've worked just fine.:p I'm putting the SSBC 13" rotors w/six piston calipers in the front and they come loaded on 2" drop spindles, so we'll see about the final heighth ;) . I'm also doing the 11" disk conversion in the rear.

Adum

1/4 ?

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
Oh Yeah the overall dia. of both sets is about 26.5".:)

Adam

With that size you should be about 5500 when you hit the 1/4. I know you did not run it last year @ tt but it would be cool to see what it could do on street tires.. :)

The wheels are DEFINATELY heavier. stopped half way in a crosswalk first stop on the road.:D I think this year I'll drive to TT with my 17s and swap on the 20's once I'm down there and if I race I'll throw the 17s back on. Josh has cut some good 60' times with his 18s sooo...

Adam