Talk about dumb a$$

4 Sale
Someone might find humor in this, I did. You have to be able to laugh at yourself :)

I was looking for a car cover for my GTO, because it lives outside and winters coming. The good car covers, all weather etc. go for around $200. I'm cheap, so I start looking on Ebay. I find a car cover that is compared to the expensive covers at about 25% the cost :biggrin: That's what I'm talking about, weather proof, 5 year warranty. The guy has 100% positive feedback, 200+ covers sold. I order one, comes right away. I go out, put it on, fits like a glove. Weatherman says rain all day, I laugh!
The next morning I go out and the car looks like it was in a wet tee shirt contest. :( The car cover is soaked, you can see the car like it's in shrink wrap :mad: Already left feedback, it fit. I didn't think rain would go right through it :redface:
So I read all this guys feedback, how come no one else had a problem? Were all the covers sold to Arizona :confused:
I find one feedback the guy says "Weatherproof, it's not even waterproof". One out of 200+ :confused: It has to rain elsewhere.
Two days later I'm coming home and it looks like the car cover has a loaded diaper. I walk up and check, and the car cover is totally dry on the outside yet has a quart of water trapped in a crease, like a sack or pouch.
WTF
I had the cover inside out. Cover works perfect. I had the water repellant side in and the breathable side out...DUH :redface:
I'll go back to marking my sneakers "left" and "right" now. :biggrin:

Good thing I've never done anything that dumb...like making fun of a fellow mechanic for installing a phenolic Ford power steering pump pulley on backwards and then not less than two hours later doing it myself. :eek: I needed a good kick after that one. :D

the wife decided to wash the cover for the GN in the washing machine. do you know what it's like trying to pull a car cover out of the washer that has about 150lbs of water in it? ;)

Got a better one for you...

Back in 00, we put a new front end kit on the GN. I didn't feel like doing it myself, so I had the local Buick stealership do it. Paid them about $600. Went to do the brakes before taking it to the alignment and noticed the DS upper ball joint was mounted on top of the control arm where the PS was mounted underneath. Called my rep and told him what was going on...took it back and they changed the PS. At the time I didn't know which one was wright or wrong. Come to find out at the alignment shop that they changed the wrong one!! Had to pay the alignment shop to fix it and then go get my money back from the stealership.

2nd time I had work like that done and the 2nd time I had problems. I am sold on doing it myself from now on. Unless I simply can't because I don't have the rignt tools.