Tail of the Dragon.

There's a few that have. I believe Scot W. of GNS Performance has - I know Keith from NCTurbo just took a TurboTA on it this year. One day i will.... i'm sure i missed someone.

HTH - aaron

I've been on it multiple times, three with the Buick.
The first time I faded out the stock brakes and almost crashed. Oops.

The second I got a ticket for 37 in a 35.

The third I had a C6 Z06 pull off to let me by because I was in their trunk for two miles.

It's crawling with cops now and the speed limit's been lowered from 55 to 35. If you go and want to proceed with any pace, you won't do it with stock brakes. If you stick to the speed limit, you can enjoy the drive. If you don't want legal entanglements, you run it very early in the morning, and if you can avoid doing it at night, do. It's dangerous in the dark.

Lots of other roads in the region that are almost as fun and much less likely to result in a conversation with law enforcement.

I've probably have driven the dragon a dozen times in the past 30 years ,but have only taken the buick only once probably 20 years ago for reason mentioned by Turbo6inKY. I only live about 35 miles from the beginning of the dragon from where it starts. I drive on the dragon to visit a friend of mine that lives on the NC side in Robbinsville, and that's the shortest point to get there. As mentioned law enforcement is in full force and will write you a ticket. Things have worsen here lately, and has all come about specifically in the prime of the pandemic in 2020 ,bikers & sport cars owners wanted to get out of the house. What followed five fatalities on the dragon within a year. Don't get me wrong it's beautiful country, but is 12 miles of booty plucking . To me, the dragon just takes a toll on your brakes & suspension on your Turbo Buick, and you truly can't spool up and enjoy the cruise . It is an adventure, and if you have to do drive the dragon on your bucket list, by all means go for it ,you'll never forget it.

My daughter and I were hit by a large black bear that ran across the Dragon into the path of our Mini Cooper back in 2009.

My daughter and I were hit by a large black bear that ran across the Dragon into the path of our Mini Cooper back in 2009.
Wholly crap! I've done the Transamerica trail a couple times on a dirt bike wich uses that road, it's accessed by a long twisty trail through the woods I had a foreboding feeling I was gonna come around a blind counter & encounter a bear, so was basically leaning on the horn all the way through the woods in that section.

Seen plenty of bikes do it on Youtube...some with disaster. I have a 26km stretch from Minden Ontario to Haliburton Ontario...it's pretty much the same. Do it on my 2006 50th Anniversay Special Editon R1. Haven't seen any TR's doing it so far.

Wholly crap! I've done the Transamerica trail a couple times on a dirt bike wich uses that road, it's accessed by a long twisty trail through the woods I had a foreboding feeling I was gonna come around a blind counter & encounter a bear, so was basically leaning on the horn all the way through the woods in that section.
I get that same feeling with animals up here when I'm doing it.

Co-worker crashed his Electra glide on this road 10 years ago. Was 7 or more hours before anyone found him down the embankment and a few more hours before they brought him up to the road. He was a very long time recovering from the crash.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1