Tach. bar not working

Gen1

What would cause this? I only have the first green light on when ever I'm driving. Ever once in a while the next light (yellow I think) will light, but just for a moment.

Thanks

mine our unpluged. they are way off anyways unless ur lookin to show it i wouldnt worry about it. u can send it to caspers electronics and he can fix it for you

Somewhere in Casper's FAQ section is a description of what happens to the chip. After 20 years, especially in a coastal atmosphere, the circuit degrades to the point that current goes places it shouldn't and funny displays result. Anybody know what Casper's gets for their fix?

make sure the fuel pump and tach test leads are not pluged together (they are behind alternator,white and black single wire plugs)this is common for someone to plug these two together.

make sure the fuel pump and tach test leads are not pluged together (they are behind alternator,white and black single wire plugs)this is common for someone to plug these two together.

Thanks. Thats what I did. Fixed now.

OK, Gen1, as, you're fairly new on the board, we'll cut you come slack- the diag fee will be reduced to $45/hr (1 hour), and the direction fee (pointing you in the right direction for the repair) will be $50.

Oh, yes- the "I'm a newbie, here's my question without any info" mindreading fee is on special this month @ $29.95.

Please send a check or money order care of the "care and feeding of Buicks" fund.

J/K!!:D
Glad you got it fixed! Amazing how these boards spread great info, yes?

Welcome to the darkside........might want to to add a sig with your car's info...