ta33 or stock turbo?

lp2

badass mofo
I've gone through the pictures on gnttype, and I can't tell if my turbo is a ta33 or a stock turbo. Can anybody help me out with ways to identify it? Thanks :)

Is the Turbo on the car, or off the car!?

The only way to tell is to take the Turbo off, and look at the wheels. The housings on the TA-33C, and the stock turbo are the same, so it is impossible to identify it on the outside.

Upon removing the Turbo a clear way to tell if it is a 33 or not is to look at the compressor side. Look around near where the blade meets (or comes very close to) the inside of the housing. Does the opening in the Turbo from the throttle body stay the same diameter before it meets the blade, or does it go from a large diameter bore, to a smaller bore/necked down ledge?

The TA-33C has no "ledge" or "neck down" before the blade, and the Stock Turbo does.

Off the car, it needs a rebuild and I'm just extremely curious, not to mention I probably have to know what type it is to get a rebuild kit. Thanks for the quick reply, I'll take it apart later tonight.