TA valve covers on Champion aluminum heads.

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
Hey guys, I searched around and it seems lots of guys are running the TA covers on the Champion GN1's, in spite of TA's web site saying they don't fit.

It seems related to the rockers being used.

In any event, I'm thinking of stepping up from my "stockers on spacers", to something a little nicer. I have the T&D rockers on the single shaft, 1.65 ratio. Anyone have any feedback?

It seems like the TA covers will fit with more clearance at the A/C and at the alternator, am I correct in this assumption?

Discuss......

Hey guys, I searched around and it seems lots of guys are running the TA covers on the Champion GN1's, in spite of TA's web site saying they don't fit.

In any event, I'm thinking of stepping up from my "stockers on spacers", to something a little nicer. I have the T&D rockers on the single shaft, 1.65 ratio. Anyone have any feedback?

It seems like the TA covers will fit with more clearance at the A/C and at the alternator, am I correct in this assumption?

Discuss......
Rocker studs can be (& were in my case ) the reason I went back to Champ valve covers. The studs were too long but were terrific at getting to the bottom of the stud taps. I also had a heat shield interference and the shield had to be dry fit & cut a few times. I don't think the TA valve covers completely eliminate the interference (depending on your engine position) but the TA's offer more heat shield clearance than the GN1s.

Discuss......
Rocker studs can be (& were in my case ) the reason I went back to Champ valve covers. The studs were too long but were terrific at getting to the bottom of the stud taps. I also had a heat shield interference and the shield had to be dry fit & cut a few times. I don't think the TA valve covers completely eliminate the interference (depending on your engine position) but the TA's offer more heat shield clearance than the GN1s.

do you still have the TA covers, perhaps I could test fit...

B

here is the break-in video, you can see that the rocker shaft studs are a little tall.

B