TA Performance cross over pipe install

mjp87

I have installed ta performance headers on both driver and passenger sides with no issues, just one quick question about cross over pipe. The headers came with no instuctions but I assume the torque converter inspection cover will have to be removed? I did a quick fit test and it seems the cross over pipe hits this cover. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks, mike

I have installed ta performance headers on both driver and passenger sides with no issues, just one quick question about cross over pipe. The headers came with no instuctions but I assume the torque converter inspection cover will have to be removed? I did a quick fit test and it seems the cross over pipe hits this cover. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

thanks, mike

It shouldn't hit the cover. Mine is very close (like a couple of millimeters close) but it does clear it. You may be able to losen up the headers and get enough movement out of them to clear the cover.

I've also read where people put a strategically placed dent in them.

Jim

I have TA's headers and I don't have any clearance issues with the cover. I just hate those band clamps..What a PIA to get the screw thru the hole in the clamp

Steve

I have TA's headers and I don't have any clearance issues with the cover. I just hate those band clamps..What a PIA to get the screw thru the hole in the clamp

Steve

Just put them in a vise and bend the stud a little. Makes life MUCH easier.

Like this:

23553d1171202236-ta-headers-installed-crossover_clamp.jpg

Jim

Have the TA's as well and there is a few inches clearance on mine. If you omnly have a few millimeters something is array