ta header issues

Raist103

so what external gate dp works with these headers? my atr external gate does not even come close to fitting.

so what external gate dp works with these headers? my atr external gate does not even come close to fitting.

What's hitting/wrong where?? I'm just curious because I have that DP.

I'm sure TA's DP will fit with their headers.

im running atr ext DP and TA ss race headers with no issues , and a cottons external with the mild TA race headers also no fitment issues
dont recall even being close to contact on install on either of those

its possible the header needs to be adjusted by loosening bolts on the head and rotated up or down , or maybe twist the turbo a little

any pics of where the problem is ?

really you should be on the phone to Nick and get his advice first.. mine are older sets ... maybe on your newer set being a different batch your passenger side header tube is a little off compared to the old ones ???

I'll have to take a pic tonight. The DP hits the number 1 pipe. It is about 2"s away. If I try to rotate the pipe to angle it better it hits the ac box. I wonder if my ATR DP is not a real one? I saw when I stuck the turbo on it was going to be an issue so I unbolted the DP to move it around and no luck. I also can not remove the DP while the headers are install.

WIth the onset of "Bejing Performance" products that are ATR "Style", TA "Style", etc it very well could be a knock off DP as mentioned.

ok so that's most likely my issue. i have to find a gated dp for sale then. i checked ta performance site they seem to only have internal gated.

Jack had stainless ones last time i was up there , and setup with pw46 gates

i have an internal atr here that would get you running but no boosting

ok so that's most likely my issue. i have to find a gated dp for sale then. i checked ta performance site they seem to only have internal gated.

TA does (or did) have an Ext. DP, I don't think they keep their website as up to date as they could.

Buy an integral WG down pipe and never look back. They work great as long as you are running slower than 9.70. At that point you may need an external gate.