TA aluminum hds,what heat range plugs?

turbojack

I`m installing my new engine which has new TA aluminum hds,the intimidator series for the street,they say to use NGK R5671a,but these come in heat ranges from 7(hot) to 11(cold),need to know what range I need.I called TA,and all they could say was the 7 to 11 thing,,all I need to know is what range do I need.My car will be a weekend driver at best,w/ little track time,anybody have any ideas on the range for me----

I have nothing against the NGK plugs in TA heads, but having run Autolite plugs for years, I can only give my experience with them.

The plugs we use are Autolite Racing AR 3932 or AR 3933 which are rather "cold" in the hot weather.

This time of year the "hotter" AR 3934 is used when racing, or on the street the AR 3935 may last longer.

Since every engine and use of the vehicle is different, you may need to start with the heat range you feel best suits your needs, and go up or down the range until you find what works best! :)

Also remember, if you use leaded race fuel, you will need more frequent plug changes.

thanks nick,I like the autolites too---funny I talked to ta and they wouldnt give me a direct answer. I`m thinking bout putting an alky systm on too,would I have to get a bigger IC also (I have the stock w/dutt nect now)? will I have to get a chip for the alky ? thanks nick,,Jack