T Tops

Pull everything off and start cutting :) Just be careful when welding because the quarters have lead to fill the joints and it will melt if it gets to hot and run down the inside of the quarter and it can start a fire. When I did mine, I used panel adhesive and didn't weld anything. my rust wasn't to bad though, just quarter sized holes.

I was looking for a T-top rolling chassis to transfer my stuff over to but I've decided to just fix my car. We have enough resources available to us to do this if you wish to invest the time and money. I called Brian GBodyParts.com Online Weaver to buy a rolling chassis from him and he talked me out of that and into fixing my car. This isn't the first time that he has taken a hit on a sale to steer me right. Call Brian once he has time to recover from whatever mess the Hurricane made for him. He will get you moving in the right direction.

The comment about getting rid of the T-tops makes sense but I will NEVER willingly do that. Once you have had the T-top experience it can't be replaced. I'm considering selling my motorcycle because of the seat time I'm getting in my car with the tops out.

Depends where the rust is located. When I tore mine down, the rust was mostly located on the center bar assy, with a little on the top of the windshield frame. I cut out the tiny hole to the size of silver dollar and welded a plate. For the center bar, called Brian at GBody and bought a used one and had it powdercoated. Clean all the rubber and dirt, ospho any surface rust, and paint before replacing trim and weatherstripping.

Carl

Depends on how bad the rust is: the roof can usually be patched and the weatherstrip retainers and center bars are available from your favorite vendors.