T-top rattles

jsheetrock

I have the original t-tops seals on my GN, and can not stand the road noise & rattles any longer. What are the best products to purchase for t-top seal replacement? Do I also ...have to change seals on the t-top themselves? My plan is to eliminate the rattles & air noise. Please advise.

If you want to fix them for about $10, just go to home depot and get elasomeric pipe insulation for 1/2" pipes. Lay it in the channels and lock down your TTops. You might have to sit on them to throw the latch. The pipe insulation will form to the shape of space it's in. It will make your seal very tight and will eliminate wind noise and rattles. I've had it my car for years.

Have you adjusted the latches yet? My Ts were load as all get out. After adjusting the latches they were 70% quieter. Pull the Ts out and look where the locking pins engage the body. Those plates have big screws in them. Loosen them and you can move the plates. A little bit makes a big difference! The rest of the noise was due to body/chassis flex. Our HD lower chassis brace and Mk2 underhood brace took care of the rest of the noises. It`s quiet as a hard top now. :) Marcus