T TOP for a Hard Top?

randyp83

Ok, who is ready to trade me their hard top for my T Top? Why are there so many T Tops? Are there more Ts instead of Hard Tops?

Ok, who is ready to trade me their hard top for my T Top? Why are there so many T Tops? Are there more Ts instead of Hard Tops?

I think that there are just as many hardtop cars as there are t-top cars. I like the t-tops better though. Even though they aernt as stable, or maybe even as fast as the hardtop cars, im more into the look of the t-tops and how they reprisented the 80's.

The numbers were much lower for t-top cars. I think mine is one of 756 or so produced with them in '86. I have the most fun in my car with the tops out on a nice day. From a performance point of view the hardtop is more stable.

I believe that there were about 20,000 GN's made in 87. I think it was about 1500 were T-top cars. Dont know how many were moon-roof cars. Someone will chime in with the exact numbers. I love my T-top car. The only thing it needed was T-top shades to keep the bright sun out on long trips. The 4 hour trip to Columbus on a cloudless day was torture. There was no relief from it at all. I have since tinted them as dark as they can go and have made shades. Now I can have a hardtop car or T-top.

:biggrin:

No one whats to trade they know sooner or later the t top and suport. Will rust out do a little inspection on the top.you will open a can of worms.seen them many many times.we got a customer lookin for a hard top for hes t as we speak.

People either love em or hate em. I hate em,hardtop or moonroof for me. Had a real nice 86 T top sold it because of the T tops.