T-TOP CONVERSION?

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
I have a 87 TR with t-top and even after several years of trying to stop leaks, rust repair, weather stripping, etc so I have been thinking about converting to a hardtop wanted to know if this has been done and if so by who?

I have seen roofs replaced on cars over the years and it is one extremely involved job.
You would have to find a very competent body guy that has experience in extensive restorations.
I would expect that job done properly to cost 5k plus and its not for the faint of heart.
Best of luck.

It's been done, I've seen a couple older threads on here. I personally never have done a TR, but we've done a few firebirds and camaros a number of years ago...Mike

I have a 87 TR with t-top and even after several years of trying to stop leaks, rust repair, weather stripping, etc so I have been thinking about converting to a hardtop wanted to know if this has been done and if so by who?

I know from tearing apart the car to produce parts that the A pillars are different from a TTOP to a hard top car. Does it work to convert? I would say it does, but it may host other issues with fitment, or the need to fabricate a little further. I have had success with a complete replacement of all items on my car. I replaced the A pillars, the TTOP header panel as well as the roof skin with success.