T Clone-'87 intercooled swap F/S-$6500

daviss

Need some money to expand the business and need to sacrifice one of my toys. Hopefully I'll be in the market for a new one next fall, but for now the money is more important.

The car: Originally an '84 N/A car according to the VIN and was put together by a local guy that was into Buicks in the '90's. The odometer reads 81,xxx and I would say the condition of the body agrees with that. It was painted before I got the car and still has a nice shine to it. The car has some dings and dents but nothing that is an eyesore. Small dent in the drivers door from a tire blowout that coincides with a broken inner fender well(pics attached). There are a couple other dings around the car. Also has typical stress marks above rear quarter glass(pics attached). Drivers door has some rust but the pass. door looks good. It has been in my garage since 2004 which is when I got it. And it has a good astroroof. Works well and yeah it leaks but it's been in the garage for 6 years so it doesn't see water except for washes.

Interior: Right now the car has race buckets up front and a Lear back seat. I will throw in the Lear fronts with the deal. Also has black carpet that was installed a couple years ago. Auto-meter Ultra-Lite silver guages(A/F,Boost,Temp, and Oil Pressure). The shifter handle is broke off but I have the handle and parts to fix it. Console is dyed black.
Engine:
109 block rebuilt over this last winter.
ESP race ported heads
FT 210/215 roller kit(complete)
Comp 3129 Roller Chain
Stock crank
Stock rods/pistons
Clevite Bearings
New oil pump gears(standard volume)
New water pump
Fel-Pro Gaskets throughout including 9441PT head gaskets
ARP head studs
ARP main studs
ARP rod bolts
Stock upper/lower intake
009 injectors(I wanted to go 10.99 on the 009's before I swapped them out)
TT alky chip(don't know what version)
Razor's alky kit
TE-60
ATR headers/crossover
ATR 3"DP
Ebay FMIC w/homemade pipes
I know there's more, just ask
Tranny:
Rebuilt 4-5 years ago and has maybe 15 passes and 500 miles on it
32-3400 stall (ProTorque I believe. It's been a couple of years since I put it in and only has a few passes on it.
Rear:
stock 3.42 posi no problems
Boxed lowers
stock uppers

The car has not been to the track in two years but went a best of 11.36 @ 121 on stock heads and that was with a timing set coming apart. I have added the cam and heads since but have not been able to get the time to go racing or even tune the car with the current setup. It has a problem with the idle that I have not been able to address but it starts right up and has good oil pressure. I'm not the guy to tell anyone this is a 10 sec car, but it had the mph before the timing set came apart and I have since added the heads and cam. I want to be honest about the car. If anyone has questions about anything, leave a PM. It's a perfect donor car for someone that doesn't like cutting up GN's. I know there's more to the car, just ask. I'm going to throw in a bunch of the stock parts and some other goodies I accumulated with the sale

I am located in the St. Louis area
Please leave PM or post here with questions

Outside pics

Attachments

• Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 1,824
  • left side.jpg
    left side.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,832
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,814
  • Alumastar RR.jpg
    Alumastar RR.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,816
  • Alumastar Front.jpg
    Alumastar Front.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,813
More.....

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,799
  • Broken RF filler.jpg
    Broken RF filler.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 1,798
  • Broken RR filler.jpg
    Broken RR filler.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,797
  • Drivers door.jpg
    Drivers door.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,793
  • Pass side door.jpg
    Pass side door.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,780
I'll post more tomorrow. It's late.

Attachments

• pass side stress crack.jpg
    pass side stress crack.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,774
  • drivers side stress crack.jpg
    drivers side stress crack.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,783
  • Astroroof.jpg
    Astroroof.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • Lear rear seat.jpg
    Lear rear seat.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,768
  • tenzos.jpg
    tenzos.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,768
Forgot to list:
Digital dash
F-body radiator
Direct scan and laptop
Driveshaft loop
Double pumper in the tank(Never had the tank out but there is a hobbs switch in the engine bay and there was an led on the guage pod that came on when the second pump switched on. Led location is now the alkycontrol light)

Also goes with car:
Factory intercooler w/ Duttweiler neck
Factory headers(drivers cracked/repaired/cracked again)
Lear front seats need recovering
A couple of chips for stock injectors
NIB comp 980's retainers and keepers
Two stock style downpipes
8445 stock heads
206/206 comp cam (flat tappet)
Stock injectors

Here are some engine and misc. pics as requested. The wire laying on the downpipe in the fourth picture has beef properly routed since the photo was taken.

Somebody buy this please. I don't want to part it out. Make a reasonable offer. Everything is negotiable.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 1,475
  • motor on stand.jpg
    motor on stand.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,473
  • engine drivers side.jpg
    engine drivers side.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,466
  • engine pass. side.jpg
    engine pass. side.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,460
  • FMIC.jpg
    FMIC.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,460
So is this car running and driving? No engine noise? No trans issues?

Scot W.

Runs, drives, turns, stops, blinks (would look nice with LEDs), and everything. Small drip from trans pan is only problem I am aware of. Only noise from engine is from leak at header(not a crack, just a leak at the gasket).

Steve

Tell me about it. It's killing me. I know it's not a real turbo car but what is a low 11 second street car worth? Just needs a little tinkering by someone that has some TB smarts. I won't drop the price any more. If it doesn't sell for $5500, I'll part it out.

Steve

Looks like a good deal - it's very tempting, but I have no place to put it right now. If my garage was built - I'd be all over it.

I will help you build your garage. I'm a bricklayer. Order up the material and I'll bring a few guys with me.

There! No excuse now.:D
Thanks for the bump

Steve

Due to the fact that I need money now and there has been lots of looky-loo's but no cash yet, I am going to start selling the spare parts that I have listed above. The sale price for the car remains $5,500.00. As soon as I get home tonight, I will be listing the intercooler, stock style headers and the downpipes for sale. They are no longer included with the sale of the car as of right now. As soon as they are sold, I will list more. As soon as those parts are listed for sale, they will no longer be included with the sale of the car. When all of the spare parts are gone, I will put the car on stands and break out the impact and turn my garage into a parts store.

Steve

Part out...

Sorry to hear you haven't found a buyer.

How much you want for the complete engine/tranny combo?