T/A Nats.

I think that Smiley might be going (he went last year). Normally I would be going but I just started down at Purdue so I don't have the time to go this year. It's a fun time and make sure you go to the Tipp City cruise in it's the best part.

No not bringing the car this year, trying to cut down on the miles. I rented a GP. I'll see you guys there. How will I know who you are? :cool:

i'm am meeting a bunch of my internet buddies for dinner tonight... probably up at quaker steak and lube.

but unfortunatly i won't be entering any cars this year, i just don't have the time this weekend - i have WAY too much **** happening this weekend for some reason and just can't do it this year :(

I'll be there for Sunday's events only. Can't give up the entire weekend. I will be with car.

The TTA. Had the 76 out last week for the first time in two years.It would need detailed to show. It was still fun to take to a local cruise. Entire family is comming this year. First Nats for the kids. Stop and say hellow if you go.

No. Came close but decided to hold on to it and enjoy it. The numbers are climbing so I should be ok.

I was there.

It was okay.

Nothing special to me after four years of going.

4-5k mile cars dont do alot for me, (I appreciate them)I'm the more beat it like a rented mule and rebuild it and repeat process. :)

Turnout was the smallest of the last four years. Was dissappointing. Wonder if the rain threat and $3 a gallon did it.

3.8TransAM said:
I was there.

It was okay.

Nothing special to me after four years of going.

4-5k mile cars dont do alot for me, (I appreciate them)I'm the more beat it like a rented mule and rebuild it and repeat process. :)

Turnout was the smallest of the last four years. Was dissappointing. Wonder if the rain threat and $3 a gallon did it.

Yeah the Great Lakes Regional Firebird Gathering in Dundee, MI got smaller this year too. I was really disappointed because it's such a great show (IMHO it's way better than the TA Nats). The only show I went to this year that had an increase in turnout form previous years was the Pontiac Nationals in Norwalk. Supprisingly they set all new records for themselves with a record number of race cars, show cars, vendors, and swap meet entrees. They had Norwalk completely packed pretty much from fence to fence, it was crazy.

I was expecting a big decrease in the TA Nats show this year, and I imagine it will continue to drop. Everyone that I know that regularly goes to Pontiac and Trans Am shows around the U.S. was talking about not going. It's getting too big for the location, the same cars are winning, and the whole show is just getting out of hand. People have started to take it too seriously instead of enjoying the show and the chance to get together with other TA entusiasts and are just concerned about the trophies.

i'd agree with that. i made it out for a short time on sat afternoon. sure didn't look like many cars out there this year...