t/3 install questions

LEOS79849

im installing the stock turbo on my 85 gn " remember that its my first gn and have limited knowledge on these " yet the neck from the turbo that fits in the intake is missing a spacer which i dont know where to pick up or purchase, also on the turbo opposite to where the oil line goes there is a hole but i dont know what goes in there or covers it as well as some round holes which i think that may be screw on seals. I'll try to post some pics so you all can help me with that id appreciate if you all have any detailed pics of a 85 so i can fit the peices in the puzzle haha

Some info

Keep your eyes in the for sale section the turbo to intake adapters pop up every now and then.

looks like there i one here,

GBodyParts.com Online

And the side opposite the turbo oil feed line is the turbo drain line which goes to the quarter size opening in the intake.

You can purchase this piece from the same vendor as above right here.

GBodyParts.com Online

Gbodyparts is a very good vendor for some hard to find parts.

Brian supports the turbo buick community well.

Jerry jr.

pictures will help us. im not sure on some of the stuff you are missing or asking for

here are some pics of what im looking for the turbo to intake i already ordered from g body parts but there are two holes in the center section of the turbo and i just dont know what goes in there

Attachments

• turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 156
heres the other one im talking about the top one has the oil line but these i just dont know what goes there

Attachments

• turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 169
PIC One- This is where the oil drain hose bolts on.
PIC two- This is where the oil feed line bolts in.

Take care- Brad

PIC One- This is where the oil drain hose bolts on.
PIC two- This is where the oil feed line bolts in.

Take care- Brad

I have to dissagree....kinda.
Pic one...oil feed fitting screws into the center hole.
Pic two...Not 100% sure, but it seems you have an "other-than-stock" center section that has an extra hole for something...not sure what.

---Reason I say this: the oil drain has a square hole in the center, and should be directly opposite the oil feed. The hole in pic 2 is 90* from the oil feed location. I'd find a plug for the hole in pic 2. Just my .02

...it also looks as if the center section is clocked wrong....unless the hole in pic 2 is for a screw-in type of oil drain tube...IDK??
---Keith

Something does not look correct...can you take a picture of the entire turbo?

Also take a picture of the 2 bolt flange directly opposite of picture #1.

guys i called g pop shop where i got the parts to rebuild my turbo and the guy told me that the 2nd pic is for coolant veins that many people hookem up or also nothing is going to happen if they are open cause it is oil cooled i got this turbo from OSOLO from this forum if im not mistaken so mark.... what are the holes really for jaja thanks for the feedback guys and yeah i was missing the turb to intake adapter and oil tube drain and orderd them form Gbody also my intake had this weird adapter i will post a pick i had never seen one thanks

I took a look at my stock turbo core and the center section does not have the hole on PIC 2. I can post PIC if anyone wants me to. Brad

yeah the first turbo i had doesnt have it either but the other one i got has the holes and the guy told me that some of em have those holes im just iffy about leaving those holes like that ill post pics in am of all the turbo that i have now

OK, first pic thats where you need a brass fitting for the oil feed line, second pic is for a water line to attach which you wont need. now there is going to be 2 more sides, one is going to be a big hole like pic two for the outlet of the water line and oppsit of the first picture there will be a flange that looks like pic one but with a biger hole and it will be square with 2 bolt holes next to it. thats where your oil return line goes.

So, he's got a water/oil cooled center section in his turbo?

I may be wrong (feel free to correct me), but if it's a water cooled one, it could eventually fail from the lack of "extra cooling" provided by the coolant.

yes it is a water cooled center section, however running it not hooked up isnt going to hurt it.

i have a bb turbo on my bike with a water cooled section and the lines are not hooked up. turbo runs great with 10K+ miles.

there are alot of people running this type of center section with out coolant lines hooked up.

yes it is a water cooled center section, however running it not hooked up isnt going to hurt it.

i have a bb turbo on my bike with a water cooled section and the lines are not hooked up. turbo runs great with 10K+ miles.

there are alot of people running this type of center section with out coolant lines hooked up.

Thanks for the correction and the very useful info!

but there definitly isnt anything wrong with hooking them up.

I would think it would have lots of benifits for somebody who is a very agressive driver in that it could prevent a coking of the bearings if there was a quick shut down.

or if your running really high boost, this will aid that poor 270 thrust bearing from eating itself alive.

A.j.