Switched a 87 GN from Big Stuff 3 back to stock ECM now no fire?

Steve

A friend bought an 87 GN recently that had a Big Stuff 3 and it barely ran and had some issues. He just wants a street car to drive around so we converted the car back to stock ECM but now the car has no fire so is there something I am missing on the conversion from the BS3 back to stock ECM? Thanks

Could be... How much of the OEM wiring remained when the BS3 was installed?

The BS3 used a jumper harness but I am not sure of the harness' manufacturer. I think we got it figured out. The 12 volt pink/black wire was cut and grounded at the injector harness plug. I guess the BS3 applied a 12 volt signal to the injectors as opposed to a ground like the factory ECM. I found the cut wire and reconnected it so the injectors had power and it fired right up.

What was involved in the change over? I'm in the same boat and I am thinking about going back stock but wouldn't know where to begin.

What was involved in the change over? I'm in the same boat and I am thinking about going back stock but wouldn't know where to begin.

It wasn't to bad. I really didn't have any BS3 experience starting out. I started by removing the BS3 and the jumper harness and associated wiring then installed the stock ECM with a new chip from Turbo Tweak. I tried starting the car after that and found that it would not fire at all. I checked spark and that was good then checked the injectors with a noid light and found no power at the injectors. I traced the injector harness back and found the situation with the pink/black wire I mentioned above. Fixed that wire and then It fired right up. My buddy was very happy. Send me a PM on what you want for your BS3 if you swap back because I may be interested. Thanks

Could you describe what is, please. Haven't seen or heard the term before.
Thanks

Could you describe what is, please. Haven't seen or heard the term before.
Thanks
It's an aftermarket Engine Management system similar to a FAST XFI or Pro EFI
It replaces your factory computer and is much more tunable then the factory computer and chip.

check the MAF connection to ECU it has likely been spliced into the MAP sensor

Thanks for the advice. To make sure I understand what you are saying--on the conversion to BS3 the wires that normally run from the MAF to ECM are spliced and used to carry the signal from the 3 bar MAP to the BS3/jumper harness?

correct, many fast installs do that too. it can be done under the hood it can also be done behind the glove box