Swaybar

Brian Verson

Can anyone tell me if the front and rear swaybar off a 95 Z28 with the 1LE package will work on my 86gn. Do I need the link ends and bushings as well. What is the best corse of action here.
:) :) :)

4th gen F-body suspension is a totally different set up than the 3rd gen stuff that will fit on a G-body. The front sway bar is bent to clear a wider crossmember with rack and pinion steering, it may bolt up but I cant see where there would be an advantage because I think the bar is the same diameter as a FE3 G-Body(32mm). You can use the rear but again you would have to fabricate a mounting system and than again its smaller in diameter than the stocker.

Eric Fisher

I got a 36mm off of a 3rd gen f-body on e-bay being that none of the yards had one around where i live and cast me around $65 with shipping and the improvement was better than what I expected. I also broke down and got the 1 3/8 ATR rear bar (WOW that thing is big). Before the bars were installed my car would float down the road at around 85 mph and up but now it is as solid as a rock at 120 mph.

LT1s are 4th gens 93 and up. You need to look for the years 88-92 with the WS6 option. The WS6 had the big 36mm bar and it it hollow as well meening it is lighter the the stock bar on our cars. Try to do a search on e-bay using the words WS6, GTA, or Trans Am in the suspention section and see what pops up.