Sway bar question

KellyTurbo

Hi,Im looking to buy a rear upper sway bar to improbe my 60fts and fix the tortion problems,roof cracks.....etc.but i dont want to sacrifice the streetability of my car.How stiff makes this SWAYBAR the rear suspension?Any info will be apreciated...THANX guys

I installed UMI lower control arms and it completely eliminated the wheel hop I was getting trying to launch the car. I did the uppers later on and it only improved things. I did not notice anything different in normal driveability on the street. It was worth it. I have not changed the stock swaybar yet. That is on the to do list.

Hi,Im looking to buy a rear upper sway bar to improbe my 60fts and fix the tortion problems,roof cracks.....etc.but i dont want to sacrifice the streetability of my car.How stiff makes this SWAYBAR the rear suspension?Any info will be apreciated...THANX guys
An upgraded rear sway bar does wonders for cornering & basic handling characteristics, but will do nothing for roof cracks. There are not a lot of choices. Stock is nearest metric equivalent to 7/8", and standard and / or stock "style" after market rear sway bars are available in either 1" and / or 1 3/8", and in other versions such as Paul Ferry's HRParts&Stuff rear sway bar, Wolfe also makes a variation that I have heard works well on the track. For a basic stock style rear sway bar, the 1 3/8" is an excellent choice. Paul Ferry's HRParts & Stuff rear sway bar, although somewhat different from a stock style, has nothing but raves about it.

I bought UMI tubular lowers and ajustable uppers and the 1 3/8 sway bar
All from Full Throttle.
No wheel hop anymore and car rides fine also have both air bags but I have them with very low air in them or it stiffens the ride.

So, you mean that i have to stick to the stock style suspension upgrades to improve my 60 fts and still get a good soft ride. the HRs, Cottons or Wolfe are basically for the track?

I can't speak for the other suppliers product.
Only with what I have experince with.
Someone esle will have to chim in on the others

I also can only speak for myself and my ride, as I am into street, spirited cornering, & no track on a 22K mile car.
My suspension mods consist of: Kirban front & rear stock height springs, Bilstein shocks on all 4 corners, missing #'s 3 & 4 lower body bushing sets & GNX (# 5) bushings, all in factory rubber, Kirban's rear seat brace & all other braces, Mark Savitske's (SC&C) Street Comp II package (front A-arms & tall balls), BMR rear fully adjustable tubular control arms with the spherical bearings/bushings at body mount & factory 1LE rubber at frame side, rear lower Global West tubular control arms with the spherical bearings/bushings at the body side & the Del-A-Lum bushings at the other end. GTA 16x8 front rims front & rear, & currently Global West 1" rear sway bar but will be changing shortly to the ATR replica 1 3/8" rear sway bar.
Sounds like you might want to consider Paul Ferry's $ 500 set-up. Coming up soon is Mark Savitske's Lee Performance rebuilt steering box which will improve feel & feedback somewhat. Nothing was cheap on this set-up, but it works. HTH

So, you mean that i have to stick to the stock style suspension upgrades to improve my 60 fts and still get a good soft ride. the HRs, Cottons or Wolfe are basically for the track?

I suggest going with the HRpartsnstuff bar and it will be the last time you change, but if you do not want to spend the money the ATR bar works well. My car is set up like a Pro Touring car and both bars made the car handle very nice and improved 60fts as well. However make no mistake the HR bar is in a different class altogether and will eliminate the twisting.

I suggest going with the HRpartsnstuff bar and it will be the last time you change, but if you do not want to spend the money the ATR bar works well. My car is set up like a Pro Touring car and both bars made the car handle very nice and improved 60fts as well. However make no mistake the HR bar is in a different class altogether and will eliminate the twisting.

+1 Just put on my Limited. Its Awesome!