Sway bar bushing bracket broke?!

subtlt

A little faster every day
Not too sure how that would happen - heard a clunk in the front end, popped under for a look, and the passenger side bushing bracket/shell that bolts to the frame is hanging there. It broke clean where it bends up to go over the bushing.

Why would that happen?

Fatigue! I replaced a broken one on an `87 GN in 1990 so you're doing fine! Turning stresses make the swaybar work and sometimes the flimsy stamped-steel brackets can't handle it.

Good to know

That's good to know - I was kinda sweating what might have caused that.

Your T top parts are packed and will be going to the post office tomorrow - drop me a note when you get them.

I put the front center T molding in and even though NOBODY knew the old one was bad, I feel much better having a perfect piece in there - it looks great. Just makes me happy!

Thanks Wayne, will do :)

I know what you mean about having good looking parts. Some apes destroyed those rear trim panels on both of my t-top cars by not seating the tops correctly before jamming the levers shut :rolleyes:

On the swaybar brackets, when I went to a larger bar on my `84 T, I used poly bushings and thicker brackets, several companies make them.

HTH Jim